Server restarting on loading custom campaign

Reaper

I'm having a problem with my Silent server.

I have a custom campaign cycle/pk3 installed and for some reason whenever I try loading the custom campaign the server either restarts or crashes. 

Was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem with their server and if so if there is a way around this?

The only thing that is in the pk3 file is a campaign file and that is it though I've changed the following in the server.cfg

exec objectivecycle.cfg to exec campaigncycle.cfg including the one in the watchdog setting.

Those are the only things that have been changed.

The problem is this. In the silent wiki there is no entry at all about campaigns so I presume it has not changed from ETpub. The situation is this , if the server config is left as objectivecycle the sever starts and runs fine and the first admin to login can switch to a campaign. But this has to be done manually. If you set the server config to campaigncycle the server hangs. Even when gametype is changed to 4 which is campaign. 

• Management

I tested with campaigncycle.cfg that is found from etmain and I didn't have any problems.

Do you have this kind of entry in your campaign file?

// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet.
set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map oasis ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
vstr d_initial

• Subscriber

ours at the moment  is

set d1 "clearspreerecords ;  campaign hhbotmulti172 ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
set d2 "campaign hhbotmulti173 ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet..
set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map Atlantic ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"
vstr d_initial
vstr d1

As we are hosted by Multiplay we are missing " cmpgn_ " from the campaign file names.

The other thing to remember is that the first map name after the game type is the bsp name not the pk3 name.

I tested with campaigncycle.cfg that is found from etmain and I didn't have any problems.

Do you have this kind of entry in your campaign file?

// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet.
vstr d_initial

Yep that is what I am getting in the campaign file. 

Edited by Reaper

• Subscriber

Yep that is what I am getting in the campaign file. 

surely the line should be ending in d1 not d2 as its the first run of the server when it starts or crashes, it should be starting at the beginning ?

• Subscriber

Your first map is oasis, so the line set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; oasis ; set nextcampaign vstr d2" should be set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; oasis ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

As you starting with the campaign cmpgn_warzone at the moment which doesn't have the oasis map in it that's why its crashing.

Edited by JohnDory

• Management

For reference, here is the full campaigncycle.cfg that comes with the game and works.

set d1 "campaign cmpgn_northafrica ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
set d2 "campaign cmpgn_centraleurope ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

vstr d_initial

Tried that and I also tried setting it in the watchdog setting, have checked the g_campaignfile and its set to campaigncycle.cfg. 

Have just tried testing the server now and it still doesn't work...

Edit - 

Finally got it working, realized there was a mistake there in the g_campaignfile setting which I've just corrected. 

Server is running normally now :)

Edited by Reaper

so in server.cfg just have
map oasis
You usually need to load a map before starting the campaign. But maybe that does not apply to silent.
On the other hand you said you tried loading the campaign, so that sounds like manual loading - and it still crashed.. so yeah post your pk3.

set d1 "clearspreerecords ;  campaign hhbotmulti172 ; set nextcampaign vstr d2"
set d2 "campaign hhbotmulti173 ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"

// server doesn't recognise the campaign command when the gamecode isn't running yet..
map oasis
wait 100
set d_initial "set g_gametype 4 ; map Atlantic ; set nextcampaign vstr d1"
vstr d_initial

Edited by ailmanki