!ban ?

SadNesS

• Subscriber

Tyranny commands.  Make his life miserable.   !mute, !burn, !gib, !disorient, etc...

I wrote a LUA script that I won't share here that is an auto-bot against trouble players - that way we can go about our business and play and the troll won't even be able to join a team.    Can't hack if you can't play!   Eventually they get tired of being ignored and not being able to do anything and leave on their own.

Tyranny commands.  Make his life miserable.   !mute, !burn, !gib, !disorient, etc...

I wrote a LUA script that I won't share here that is an auto-bot against trouble players - that way we can go about our business and play and the troll won't even be able to join a team.    Can't hack if you can't play!   Eventually they get tired of being ignored and not being able to do anything and leave on their own.

Unfortunately "your" lua script is quiet useless and could be denied in a matter of seconds. You should really learn a lot more about the ET SDK.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately "your" lua script is quiet useless and could be denied in a matter of seconds. You should really learn a lot more about the ET SDK.

Can you elaborate on this?  I am somewhat new to lua coding and I am also curious about game and lua limitations.  Could you give an example how somebody could deny a lua script as a client on one's server?  I have a couple of common lua scripts running and this quote makes me nervous :D

Edited by sageone

He changes the ISP once in a while. Is there another opinion?

If you have access to the underlying Operating System (such as Linux), you could look into MAC address filtering.  I have never tried this but in theory it should drop the connection if your problem visitor is not spoofing his MAC address or using a proxy.  Random example: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/iptables-mac-address-filtering.html

Can you elaborate on this?  I am somewhat new to lua coding and I am also curious about game and lua limitations.  Could you give an example how somebody could deny a lua script as a client on one's server?  I have a couple of common lua scripts running and this quote makes me nervous :D

If I posted it public silent mods would remove the post or just ban me because its 'hack' in their eyes :D

• Management

If you have access to the underlying Operating System (such as Linux), you could look into MAC address filtering.  I have never tried this but in theory it should drop the connection if your problem visitor is not spoofing his MAC address or using a proxy.  Random example: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/iptables-mac-address-filtering.html

Before anyone locks himself out from his server. You get the MAC address from the latest hop, which is needed for routing. Not from the client machine.

• Management

He means client changing his GUID. He just doesn't bother giving proper answers as you may have noticed.

• 2 weeks later...