Server is Banning all

Bluemax

I'm not sure what happened but server was banning like crazy..I went in this morning to play a few maps and it banned me...I have NO hax.

I shut server down using putty. It was banning since 9-29-15 I deleted all the bans but could not get server to restart via rcon unlimited.

So just shut it down.

-Bluemax

Standalone linux box centos 6 32 bit

Thinking maybe it was stuck somehow...?

IDK

[ban]

name     = ^0#^xGoblin^1Killa

guid     = *.*

sguid    = *.*

ip       = *.*

reason   = Automatic ban based on technical evidence of cheats.

made     = 10/10/15 23:22:32

expires  = 529582952

banner   = silEnT

ident    = 0000000026B0DFD9

I grabbed the machine and brought it home to mess with it....The windows machine I used to connect is clean win7 load and within 2 weeks clean load of ET. I have had this server in operation for at least 1 year. Home server at first then dropped on a empty DSL modem that was not being used.

-Blue

just thought it was weird and wanted make sure people are aware of the glitch...Maybe it was something that locked up on my Linux box.....

Did it and the new files DL'ed correctly from redirect and then client crashed when trying to join with message " BG_IndexForString:unknown token" and (animations/scripts/human_base.script line 22" <---not 100% grammatically correct but you get the Idea.

So my Silent.PK3 on server must be corrupt?

-Blue

P.S. just let me know what files you want and will .zip them and send to you.

Edited by Bluemax

Yes, Game installed default location.....I have never had any trouble like this!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

I'm afraid to connect else-ware now...lol

I did load Mark C Mouse Fix ...but have been using that for years.

• Management

If you unpack the binaries from the silent.pk3 you should be able to connect to your server without issues. This unpacking issue can be caused by something like file permissions. The program Files directory requires administrator privileges for writing files. If you copy the game outside of the Program Files, you don't need to run the game as an administrator, which is preferable.

I was just playing at Old Farts Silent server and no client side issues.....I might have corrupt server files but server still runs with bots...etc and it hands out Bans like Shacking hands(lol)...I feel sorry for the people who connected and got a surprise.

----Bluemax

• Management

It is very well possible that the issues you have are unrelated. Merely having corrupted server files doesn't result bans. Only if you have a proxy binary that acts similarly to cheats that you force players to download from your server it is possible the heuristic detections will "catch" it.

• Management

You don't need the other qagame. If you don't use your own Lua library you can remove the dynamic_lua directory completely from the server. The qagame is there as a replacement for the one in the root directory for such a case if you need to have Lua scripts that load additional Lua libraries or just want to build the Lua library from your own source. I meant I think your issue was client side and not your server. The bad index for string error you got with empty client side directory would fit with this. If you didn't download a new silent.pk3 when you connected to your server when you got banned means the pk3 was already in the client directory and it was probably fine.