Custom sounds limit in ET or silent?

carv

Hi all,

This may not be a question specific to silent mod but I hope someone here might know this answer.

Is there a limit to how many sounds you can put in a custom sound pack? Whether it is in file size, number of sounds, or a menu limit?

I have a soundpakabout 20 mbytes and I use the v8 and v9 of rthem but I get all the way to v999 and v09 sounds. These last two menus will not work but all the pervious v9 menu sounds work without issue.

I can call up the sounds with a play sound cmd so I know the format of the wav is ok. Also I have tried seem e of the sounds in a lower menu portion like v97 and it works so I do believe the issue might be a game limit but just want to see if some one could verify this for me or not.

I know it's a lot of sounds but hey,I like my sounds, but it is driving me crazy just not knowing.

Thanks!

• Management

There is a file size limit. Limited is the size of the voice chat script. I once hit it too, don't remember the size now but I will check it and post it here soon.

EDIT1:

voice chat file limit: 32768 Bytes (32KB)

you can't have more than 272 voice chat definitions inside the file. This is the 2nd restriction.

EDIT2:

All of the sounds defined after that size won't work.

There is a file size limit. Limited is the size of the voice chat script. I once hit it too, don't remember the size now but I will check it and post it here soon.

EDIT1:

voice chat file limit: 32768 Bytes (32KB)

you can't have more than 272 voice chat definitions inside the file. This is the 2nd restriction.

EDIT2:

All of the sounds defined after that size won't work.

Thank you so much!!