• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Custom sounds limit in ET or silent?

- - - - -

Best Answer TheSilencerPL, 01 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

There is a file size limit. Limited is the size of the voice chat script. I once hit it too, don't remember the size now but I will check it and post it here soon.

EDIT1:

voice chat file limit: 32768 Bytes (32KB)

you can't have more than 272 voice chat definitions inside the file. This is the 2nd restriction.

EDIT2:

All of the sounds defined after that size won't work.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   carv

carv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Locationmostly in the 3rd planet from the sun
Hi all,
This may not be a question specific to silent mod but I hope someone here might know this answer.
Is there a limit to how many sounds you can put in a custom sound pack? Whether it is in file size, number of sounds, or a menu limit?
I have a soundpakabout 20 mbytes and I use the v8 and v9 of rthem but I get all the way to v999 and v09 sounds. These last two menus will not work but all the pervious v9 menu sounds work without issue.
I can call up the sounds with a play sound cmd so I know the format of the wav is ok. Also I have tried seem e of the sounds in a lower menu portion like v97 and it works so I do believe the issue might be a game limit but just want to see if some one could verify this for me or not.

I know it's a lot of sounds but hey,I like my sounds, but it is driving me crazy just not knowing.

Thanks!

OFFLINE   TheSilencerPL

TheSilencerPL

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland
✓  Best Answer

There is a file size limit. Limited is the size of the voice chat script. I once hit it too, don't remember the size now but I will check it and post it here soon.

EDIT1:

you can't have more than 272 voice chat definitions inside the file. This is the 2nd restriction.

EDIT2:

OFFLINE   carv

carv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Locationmostly in the 3rd planet from the sun

EDIT1:

EDIT2:

Thank you so much!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users