Unlocking specified cvars

Geo

Whilst I was working on a script I came up with a particular idea that I think would be quite useful to have available for server administrators.

Is it possible to unlock cvars (mainly one's to aid with cheat detection r_shownormals and cg_thirdperson eg) for targeted clients? This could be a new permission flag to coincide with shrubbot, or for use with rcon maybe (if either of those are even possible).

It would be useful to be able to use these types of cvars for spectating players suspected of wh for example, it would save time in some cases if a demo was unnecessary (I would usually take a demo for solid proof and use of timestamp etc) but it would allow coherent judgements to be made from spectator position. I could see security issues especially if someone had unauthorised rcon access but I still think it's a worthwhile idea. Thanks.

Yes, Ineed I already asked about this feature before. In my opinion it would be good to add to lua new function like et.ForceCvar( clientnum, cvar, value ) just to force target client's cvar.

For example, If my lua script detects (cheat cvar) I can't force it off, I just have to force this cvar for all active clients.

I could see security issues especially if someone had unauthorised rcon access but I still think it's a worthwhile idea. Thanks.

You could use ET 3.00 or ETENG, I just buildin to them rconfilter, If you enable this only some ip will be able to use rcon.

Yes, Ineed I already asked about this feature before. In my opinion it would be good to add to lua new function like et.ForceCvar( clientnum, cvar, value ) just to force target client's cvar.

That would suit my purpose fine, and better to give me a way to change specific client's cvars instead of forcing every connected players. I hope that this will be added at some point.