Improvised Explosives for Engineer

BECK

• Subscriber

We've been enjoying this new weapon.  I love the fact that it requires skill from multiple classes to utilize.   Could there also be a CVAR that would allow a level 3 engineer with level 4 heavy weapons also be able to utilize the improvised explosive?

Thanks in advance.

• Management

We have to think this over, because we implemented it with soldier only in mind. We wanted to give this class something special so that this class would be used more often. Engie already has other tools, like mines, tmines and dyna. Giving this weapon to engie would be a step back as all would use engie only for improvised demolition since then. The class diversity would be lowered again. That said it's hardly possible to make that happen, but we don't say no until we have a discussion about that.

• Subscriber

I certainly appreciate the need for diversity.   I have been playing a lot more soldier lately, not just because of this weapon but because I enjoy playing mobile-MG.   Its too bad we can't think of some other new feature for a class like covert ops that also doesn't get played often --- oh, maybe poison gas canisters??  I know that chemical weapons were used a lot in WWI, not really much in WWII, but it would be a cool feature for covies to have something extra.  Maybe require people to be level 3 medic + level 4 covie or something :) 

Anyway, I would defer to yours and the rest of the silEnT staff's judgement on this one, just something my clan I and were discussing on teamspeak the other night.  I suppose giving engineer another weapon might give more fuel to the engies vs medics fire :)