Regarding advertisement from companies

• Management

Hello,

We have other companies advertisement going which we thought might help gamers/admins to find correct companies. I would like to stop it because I personally feel it's more of a spam then what I originally intended it for. 

Looking for feedback. 

Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We have other companies advertisement going which we thought might help gamers/admins to find correct companies. I would like to stop it because I personally feel it's more of a spam then what I originally intended it for. 

Looking for feedback. 

Kind Regards

@hellreturn - I think that's a great idea - I have always felt the commercialization of ET was rather sad. You may want to consider removing all the advertisements!

Really if you host servers you don't make any money, you need like 100 paying customers to make the profit you would make just in a day or two of working at a real job doing coding or networking. And then you have to deal with 100 customers who don't know how to set up their mapcycles or they get annoyed about something and demand a refund from PayPal (and get it, plus a $20 fee from PayPal against you). Or they use their rented server as a platform to ddos someone else and then you get the blame.

I tried this about seven years ago... set up a big server on nuclear fallout servers and rented out ET servers off of that host, with all my personal game settings, and made maybe $50 a month profit. If I looked in my checking account and it was $50 short I would not even notice. Even if it was $500 a month so what it's a giant headache and it turns a fun hobby into a part-time job.

Plus when I go to any gaming site I don't care about the ads at all, they are just something to ignore.