PPSH bug

phantasm

I know I reported this last year, and got a mixed response, but I am still getting reports from players of being unable to connect due to this error:

BG_Index Er String: unknown to 'PPSH': animations/scripts/human_parse.script line 22

Seems to happen mostly with players using Win7 or Macs.

I don't have anything to tell my players other than "sorry, it's a known bug", so any workarounds would be helpful.

• Management

The reason for this error is still that the ET is not loading the mod. The issue is not in the mod itself. You could try to find out more details of their installations. The OS version is not related to this, but what client they are using, are they running the game as an admin, is the game installed to a custom folder etc.

With Mac users this may happen if they have not patched to the 2.60d version. There is only intel binaries for Mac OS X so the d version is the minimum requirement.

• Management
If I remember correctly, Jaymod pk3 includes the ppc binaries too. At least the older ones. This means that they might be running the ET using emulator. If they are not using Intel Macs, then the 2.60d patch is not an option of course.

ok, for all Mac users, here is the fix:

http://www.mrbass.org/enemyterritory/

on that page, there is an unofficial FIX for 2.60d, which is different from the official one... THAT VERSION is the proper fix, do not use the original one...

i simply downloaded the full version with its patch from that page, overwriten my own installation - because there is no install .pkg anyway... and tada, no more problem with PPSH on a Mac!

... follow the instructions btw... BEFORE doing the install!

Edited by nexialys

• Management

ok, for all Mac users, here is the fix:

http://www.mrbass.org/enemyterritory/

on that page, there is an unofficial FIX for 2.60d, which is different from the official one... THAT VERSION is the proper fix, do not use the original one...

i simply downloaded the full version with its patch from that page, overwriten my own installation - because there is no install .pkg anyway... and tada, no more problem with PPSH on a Mac!

... follow the instructions btw... BEFORE doing the install!

If you are talking about "Enemy Territory ET-OSX-2.60d.dmg 2.9MB released Jan 20, 2007", then that's the official 2.60d patch, nothing unofficial.