How server reports back to desktop RCON utilities

NoGooD

I typically use RCON unlimited to adjust things when I'm at the computer, on the desktop and not in game. Say for instance you have a new member join your clan and you want to setlevel him, but are to busy to start the game, jump and and run !setlevel.

I tend to just use RCON U to do it from the desktop. With the new .db system though when I type some commands it, the format it reports back to is extremely large and difficult to easily read. Here's an example.

2:44:35 AM:> !list
------------------
listplayers: 10 players connect 0 B  12 '          Clan Soul taker' (*[GUID REMOVED]) 1 B  0  '                    Guest' (*OMNIBO 2 R  0  '                    Guest' (*OMNIBOT* 3 B  0  '                    Guest' (*OMNIBOT* 4 R  0  '                    Guest' (*OMNIBOT 5 B  0  '                    Guest' (*OMNIBOT*) 7 6 R  0  '                    Guest' (*OMNIBO 7 B  0  '                    Guest' (*OMNIBOT*)     8 R  0  '                    Guest' (*OMNIBO10 R  0  '                    Guest' (*OMNIBOT

vs. the old way it was displayed

11:14:03 AM:> !listplayers
--------------------------
listplayers: 13 players connected:
0 B 3  '      |555|Clan Friend*' (*[GUID REMOVED])     Fighting Falcon 
1 S 9  '      |555|Good Member*' (*[GUID REMOVED])     LatinO**555 
2 R 0  '            |555|Guest*' (*OMNIBOT-)     Stinger 
3 B 0  '            |555|Guest*' (*OMNIBOT-)     DEADSHOT 
4 R 0  '            |555|Guest*' (*OMNIBOT-)     Argo 
5 B 0  '            |555|Guest*' (*OMNIBOT-)     YouDontKnowMe 
6 R 0  '            |555|Guest*' (*00000000)     Major Douche 
7 B 0  '            |555|Guest*' (*OMNIBOT-)     Backfire 
8 B 2  '   |555|Server Regular*' (*[GUID REMOVED])     (Tiw) darkclem 
9 R 5  '  |555|Clan Friend with' (*[GUID REMOVED])     =F|A=Wolverine 
10 R 0  '            |555|Guest*' (*OMNIBOT-)     Blackadder 
11 B 0  '            |555|Guest*' (*00000000)     Gali 
12 R 0  '            |555|Guest*' (*OMNIBOT-)     EvilWays 

Just wondering if it was even possible with the new .db system to change the way this information is shown?

Thanks for taking a look at that Gaoesa. I've noticed no server instability but I have seen one of my multikill settings being spammed quite a bit with the shortcut not actually operating.

For instance "LUDICROUS KILL [n]" spams quite a bit, and my multi-kill settings are at 1800ms, which seems like it should be enough to avoid.

There is no g_shortcuts in my server.cfg since I did not see it supported in the server documentation. It does work however when a command such as the exmaple below is used

[command]
command  = pizza
exec     = cp [n] ^7orders a big pizza for everyone except [d]^7!
desc     = Order up a Pizza for everyone but the last guy you killed

• Management

About the multikill spamming, I would like to ask to make sure you don't have any spree settings in the server.cfg. Those will not work. The multikill settings are rather little tested feature and there indeed is possiblity that there are bugs.

The shortcuts usable with custom commands are documented in the http://mygamingtalk.com/silent/manual/server.html#shrubbot shrubbot documentation. They would deserve their own paragraph though. Also, factually, all shortcuts work to some extent with custom commands since the commands are driven through the same function that replaces the shortcuts in the normal chats.

In addition, I will mention in here that in the next version(0.2.1) the numerical parameter may include '?' parameter which will replace any given text in the parameters place with the player network name if one and only one player name matches it.

For an example:

[command]

command = crybaby

exec = chat ^7[1?] is crying like a baby!

desc = Make him cry.

levels = 1 2 3 4 5 6

And when executed, !cry gao results server output to chat "gaoesa is crying like a baby!".

This allows creating custom commands that can be addressed to single players similar to Jaymod's crybaby and chicken. However, note that what we have now will replace only when there is only single match amongst the players.

Hmm. It seems as though my g_settings file wasn't directed at anything, hence it looked like this in my server.cfg

g_settings ""  

Somehow my banners are still being displayed in my settings.cfg thats located in my Silent folder. I double checks and there were no sprees in my server.cfg, and generally I use the settings.cfg to handle [banner] [spree] [end] and [kill] blocks. The multikill that I keep seeing displayed is the very last entry in the settings.cfg, and the shortcut is displayed exactly as it appears in the settings.cfg

[kill]
number     = 6
message    = ^1-^#-^1-> ^%LUDICROUS KILL! ^7[n] ^1<-^#-^1-
position   = chat
display    = all
sound      = 
play       = all

I will direct my g_settings at my settings.cfg and see if it makes any change in the multikill behaviour

Edited by NoGooD

• Management

The settings file pointed by g_settings can only contain banners. The mod inbuilt spree system is unmodifiable, but it can be controlled by the g_spreeOptions. The good thing is that all the sprees from kspree.lua are supported only text have been neutralised in some of them and the network isn't used to transmit normal text to players. Also, in the 0.2.1 you can install soundpack that can have sounds for the killing sprees and multikills.

Indeed, if you have those sprees in the settings file, it may print them quite randomly as banners. The parser will fail the same way it fails with the shrubbot.cfg.