Showing artillery strike area on command map

BECK

• Subscriber

Thought it might be a useful feature to minimize team kills for artillery strikes by perhaps showing the strike radius on the team command-map.  Is this something that is possible?

I was thinking like a green opaque circle in the area where a strike is occuring so you might be able to see it and be able to avoid it.     Sorta how like mortar rounds show up on the command-map.

Of course this could be a server var to turn this feature on and off, and I'm assuming a clientside cvar.

(See the attached screenies for an example of what I mean --- the green area would be visible only to teammates and would signal the current blast radius of a current artillery barrage).

Thanks for the consideration.

post-209-0-90616100-1356626514_thumb.jpg

post-209-0-93124100-1356626523_thumb.jpg

I have another feature request that is related to this one. What about having an option for enemy artillery strikes that are within a covert ops' line of sight to show on the team's command map as well (but maybe red instead of green)? I feel like covert ops is the least utilized class in the game, and this would help add extra utility to the class.

Edited by JvIasterMind