New update - problem with connecting players

Meva

Hello,

I add new update on the server and many people have problems with connecting. Exactly, they are connect... suddenly ET.exe are close, and open page with FTP server. Or downloads this silent 0.8.2 many time. 

This is problem with server? Or with players settings?

set sv_maxRate 45000

set sv_dl_maxRate 42000
set sv_allowDownload 1
set sv_wwwDownload 1
set sv_wwwDlDisconnected 0
set sv_wwwFallbackURL "http://XXXX.XXXX.pukawka.pl"

I download silent 0.8.2 twice...

Not All players but most...

Edited by Meva

• Subscriber

you have not got the download redirect set set correctly.

If the new silent downloads direct from the server between 5 and 20kbs and it just keeps restarting, you do not have the same file on the server and the redirect.

If some players do not then that just means that they already have the new silent downloaded and they do not have to from you.

Edited by JohnDory

ehm... I add sielnt 0.8.2 to silent catalog and to my server FTP www/silent and when i was connecting, have transfer 500-900 kb/s... others players too but they are downoad this many times... and at some point must go to page and downloaded from this site.

• Subscriber

you could try deleting that as well, if that doesn't cure it ? stop the server and delete silent 0.8.2 from the server, your silent directory and the redirect, then copy the same version of the file to the server and the redirect, restart the server and then join, you should then download the silent 0.8.2 file again in game and all should be well with the world.

• 2 weeks later...