Silent 0.8.3 Microphone Support

Oxyzium

I don't know how others feel about this but I don't like always having to open up teamspeak or skype to talk to friends ingame.

One Its a pain and two it causes lag some times when internet is on the low..

Something like adding microphone support ingame would be nice! Just jump into the server and say hello! When people join the server you can welcome them and stuff..

This maybe a good idea or maybe a bad idea.

Tell me what you think?

I don't know how others feel about this but I don't like always having to open up teamspeak or skype to talk to friends ingame.

One Its a pain and two it causes lag some times when internet is on the low..

Something like adding microphone support ingame would be nice! Just jump into the server and say hello! When people join the server you can welcome them and stuff..

This maybe a good idea or maybe a bad idea.

Tell me what you think?

if VOIP is lagging your connection that isn't going to change when using it as an in-game feature. Mic support is a cool idea but I think it may be turned into something more annoying than useful either by:

1. Kids who spam mic with stupidity / everyone talking at once / people with stereo mix enabled

2. Admins who try to over-regulate every single aspect of voice comm in-game.

I also don't understand why it's such a pain to go on TS o0

Edited by ETsneak

if VOIP is lagging your connection that isn't going to change when using it as an in-game feature. Mic support is a cool idea but I think it may be turned into something more annoying than useful either by:

1. Kids who spam mic with stupidity / everyone talking at once / people with stereo mix enabled

2. Admins who try to over-regulate every single aspect of voice comm in-game.

I also don't understand why it's such a pain to go on TS o0

Meh if you're even going to posts the down sides at least post the upsides of it and actually come up with a proper conclusion 

There are many different ways to approach such a thing, afaik only allow admins to give voice access out or make a database of people who are allowed to and aren't allowed to.

such as !grant name !restrict name etc.

Meh if you're even going to posts the down sides at least post the upsides of it and actually come up with a proper conclusion 

There are many different ways to approach such a thing, afaik only allow admins to give voice access out or make a database of people who are allowed to and aren't allowed to.

such as !grant name !restrict name etc.

You don't get to determine if my conclusion is proper because it's my opinion.

I thought the upsides were obvious, and already stated by OP.