Requests

cinco

Reading the forum I came to this post from TheSilencerPL:

I do not think it's possible, UNLESS pm-> ps-> grenadeTimeLeft is accessible through the lua API

WP_GRENADE_PINEAPPLE case:

WP_SMOKE_BOMB case:

if (! delayedFire) {

if (PM_WeaponAmmoAvailable (pm-> ps-> weapon)) {

if (pm-> ps-> weapon == WP_DYNAMITE) {

pm-> ps-> grenadeTimeLeft = 50;

Else {}

pm-> ps-> grenadeTimeLeft = 4000, / / start at four seconds and count down

Would then be possible to modify aspects of the weapons as spread, maxammo, maxclip, reloadTime, recoilDuration, recoilPitch and recoilYaw ... etc

As done in weaponDef within the configuration folder weapscript other mods???????

other requests:

It would be possible to establish only a revive syringe for all classes at level 5 of Medic. :) :)

It would be possible to damage by pushing an opponent, g_shoveDamage for example .... :)

As I said in another post set an option to lower the bar fieldops with Fire Mission: Aborting, can not see target, Fire Mission: Insufficient fire support.

regards

Would then be possible to modify aspects of the weapons as spread, maxammo, maxclip, reloadTime, recoilDuration, recoilPitch and recoilYaw ... etc

It's good idea!

I also wanted to edit it on your server, but its ofc not accessible from LUA level.

weaponDef configuration is a good solution like in NQ.

• Management

Changing the weapon definitions freely would create very random game experiences. Especially the grenade time is something that should never be changed because no one would know how to use it with random ticks. There would be a huge load of bug reports to our tracker :P It is not changeable in any mod and it is unlikely that it will ever be.

http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/topic/58-feature-request/

But is this really fixing the problem? If you configure silEnT to feel like Jaymod, what happens when one of those "converts" goes to a real silEnT server? Then they complain about how horrible that server is and how it doesn't feel anything like the silEnT server they just played on. I think this is a can of worms that needs to stay closed. Now you've got two servers who call themselves silEnT, yet have completely different look and feel. I think it deminishes the silEnT brand a bit to "dumb it down" to feel like Jaymod. (...)

Silent Mod is an add-on modification for game Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory by SplashDamage.

Our goals With The mod are high quality, high performance and high configurability for both, the server and the client side.

You are mixing two different things, I do not want a Jaymod, that I have it.

I would like to set up health classes, so that was not a medic RAMBO richer than the other classes.

I like to have a syringe for all classes, to give the power to heal at least once. (I have never seen this in any mod)

I would like to assign damage to shove.

I would like to set starting the recoil of the sten, put a clip of 30 bullets to the PPSh, bazooka change the weight, put a number of syringes of adrenaline appropriate, ........ etc .. etc.

Those are the things I would like to offer silent.

Configurability server, ................................. and this I told myself.

Where do you see that I order a Jaymod or another mod?

• Subscriber

haha, I hope my post doesn't become the defacto weapon of choice to squash any ideas to innovate silEnT :P Some of these requests seem like reasonable things, though modifying weapons this dramatically seems like a silppery slope.

What is level 5 medic?

You are mixing two different things, I do not want a Jaymod, that I have it.

I would like to set up health classes, so that was not a medic RAMBO richer than the other classes.

I like to have a syringe for all classes, to give the power to heal at least once. (I have never seen this in any mod)

I would like to assign damage to shove.

I would like to set starting the recoil of the sten, put a clip of 30 bullets to the PPSh, bazooka change the weight, put a number of syringes of adrenaline appropriate, ........ etc .. etc.

Those are the things I would like to offer silent.

Configurability server, ................................. and this I told myself.

You didn't understand the point at all. It was just a simple (and damn good to be honest) example of what can the mod turn into if it offers "too much" :)

Where do you see that I order a Jaymod or another mod?

NoQua... http://emoty.blox.pl/resource/gwizdze.gif

haha, I hope my post doesn't become the defacto weapon of choice to squash any ideas to innovate silEnT :P

Nah, we will only "fight" against bad ideas :P

Edited by Dragon

If you do not want the ability to configure the Silent mod. or do not know how I could set these possibilities, you can not.

Variables are usually put or removed, to consumer tastes.

If you do not like, "Nah, we will only" fight "against bad ideas" simply not applied, .............. it's easy, you can always resort to a default configuration for your server, .................. and not have to touch anything.

I like to take chances. :)

• Subscriber

It's easy, you can always resort to a default configuration for your server, .................. and not have to touch anything.

I think the point is - giving administrators too much control over even small settings such as a weapon's recoil will turn silEnT into an unrecognizable mod where your experience from server to server will be so dramatic that people could fail to recognize that they're even the same MOD. The worst thing would be for people to come to your "silEnT" server and be completely surprised at how even basic weapons work that it would be like comparing vanilla ET to NoQuarter -- except both servers call themselves "silEnT". You risk creating a perception in non-silEnT people that a silEnT server is an unpredicatable experience where you never know how crazy the administrator is and people tend to stay away from things that are that radical. It cheapens the silEnT brand IMO to be able to configure it to a completely unrecognizable state.

There's an old saying (and I know this is a multinational and multicultural community so forgive me if this doesn't make sense) --- If you give a man too much rope, he will eventually hang himself with it.

Where I'd like to see silEnT go is not in addressing features of the game per-say, but focus on stats and reporting and things like that, because these are the things I'm interested in.

Edited by BECK

• Subscriber
Oh, one more thing - because I don't want my post to seem like some sort of attack. I can't blame you at all for making a request for change, I've done them myself - I salute you for making a suggestion to make the mod better, I really love reading and pondering suggested improvements to silEnT. Sorry if I have come off as negative or combative, I'm really not trying to flame anyone for making a simple suggestion :).

I think the point is - giving administrators too much control over even small settings such as a weapon's recoil will turn silEnT into an unrecognizable mod where your experience from server to server will be so dramatic that people could fail to recognize that they're even the same MOD.

As it can think that!

You can settle down the jump jaymod in a servant, can settle down g_realbody to 1 fitting hitboxes, can settle down the speed in 1000, can clear the times of reespawn, can put arms infinite, you can you multiply the engine speed settling down g_moverscale to but of 1, you can settle down g_knockback to 0, can you change many variables that directly affect the gameplay.

and think you who changing these variables you let play in siLenT?

I do not understand to him. Its option is “you do not offer so many possibilities to the administrators”, so that? , because they are going them to use badly, ................................... in where? , ....................... IN A GAME.

• Subscriber

I'm not suggesting that even now in version 0.5.2 that there aren't hundreds of different cvars that you could tweak to make your server different than others. Tweaking and configuring is key to standing out amongst the crowd, I get that. Not saying every single silEnT server has be exactly the same, just saying that I appreciate that the silEnT management wants to keep some restraint and some character in the mod. Its already an up-hill battle trying to get the pub guys to accept the Ppsh and tripmines :)

But like you said, I could keep my settings the way I have them, who cares what some other server admin does. And you're right about that. I'm not trying to start an argument here, just expressing my opinion and appreciation of the thoughtful consideration for the silEnT management to protect their brand. I can't speak for the original people behind silEnT, but making a Jaymod clone was probably not their intent.

Anyway, I'm not going to reply anymore to this thread because I'm really not trying to discourage people from making reasonable enhancement requests. But I'm very passionate about ET if you can't tell, I've been playing this game and running a clan and server for almost 8 years so once I start posting about something its hard to get me to shut-up. :P

To discuss well, is pleasant. :)

Single it meant to him that two totally different server can be formed and for that reason they do not let gamble in siLenT. Single I request but possibilities of configuration facing the administrators, and new actions that can be put or be cleared, but that mod siLenT is able to offer.

Ah! and this you invited our server. TNT|*silEnT(XPsave) 93.93.65.31:27990