Having a bit to trouble with map vote on silent 6.1

RaNeR

Hello...

Got map vote working fine but I am missing something it seems...

I can't get get the map rotation to go past the the third map.

The map rotation is not going to oasis which is the fallbackon map so

the rotation seems to be fine.

The rotation goes back to the first map on the rotation when it finishes the third map instead of loading the forth map...

I changed the map order and it does the same thing no change with different maps...

Here is what added to my cfg...

set g_gametype to "6"

set g_mapVoteFlags "13"

set g_maxMapsVotedFor "32"

set g_minMapAge "3"

set g_excludedMaps ":railgun:battery:"

Here is the cfg...

set d1 "set g_gametype 6 ; map UJE_goldrush ; set nextmap vstr d2"

set d2 "set g_gametype 6 ; map fueldump_christmas ; set nextmap vstr d3"

set d3 "set g_gametype 6 ; map UJE_Oasis_xmas ; set nextmap vstr d4"

set d4 "set g_gametype 6 ; map UJE_baserace_christmas ; set nextmap vstr d5"

set d5 "set g_gametype 6 ; map UJE_amsterdam_xmas ; set nextmap vstr d6"

set d6 "set g_gametype 6 ; map UJE_temple_xmas ; set nextmap vstr d7"

set d7 "set g_gametype 6 ; map UJE_00_xmas ; set nextmap vstr d1"

vstr d1

I can't see anything that could cause the problem but maybe you can...Thanks for any help...

• Management

One possibility could be that the watchdog triggers. This would take the rotation back to the beginning. It could happen if the name of the map has typos. I.e. the server doesn't find the map and after the watchdog time of inactivity, the watchdog command would execute. I didn't find UJE_Oasis_xmas map so I couldn't check if that was the case. However, if you already tested to change the order then that might not be the issue. I don't see any other typos either. The cvars settings will not limit the rotation length. In fact, it is possible to have even excluded maps in the rotation.

Have you made sure that the map that is not loading works ok if you give /map command in the console?

OK got the map vote working now...

Don't know if this is common with map vote but I noticed that after you choose a map and click on the vote button it takes a few clicks to get the map to get a vote count number seems the button is slow to react... is this normal....Thanks

• Management
It depends of the network connection to the server. The vote is sent to the server and then the updated vote list is seen a second later or something. Interruptions to the network can slow it more. However, one click should be enough because the communication doesn't really loose these kind of packets. If it constantly takes more, there could be some problems.