Debugging damage with range

Zelly

So I have two possible bugs, i say possible because there is a chance there were intended to work like this.

Number one is I had g_debugDamage 1 on server which gives output like this:

client:5 health:100 damage:3 mod:MOD_MP40

But it only goes to server console the clients never see it. (I couldn't find any client cvar to show it either) Making it difficult to test in game damage output
So I had to make a quick test lua to catch each time it shows that and re print it out to clients.

Number two:

I was testing SMG damage from above Supply Depot Gate to broken wall near command post.
With g_dmg 65:

(Advanced Hit locations & Damage from players who are spectators or have disconnected is ignored )

I do 18 damage to body at any range with SMG

(I forgot how much damage legs and arms do, but i think it was 9)

With g_dmg 67
(Above with flag 2: Applies a more realistic damage vs. range equation for short-ranged weapons.)

I did 3 damage to body and 1 damage to legs and arms

I am not sure if this intense of a damage reduction is intended or not, but I was researching around and in etpro forums someone posted almost exact same issue in etpro and they appeared to have acknowledged it as a bug, so I thought i would report it.
Here is the topic I found: http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6302

• Management

I couldn't reproduce the problem of no fall off damage without the flag 2 set. It was correctly falling to 50 percent. Though the curve is very steep when it kicks in. The stricter damage fall off seems to be intentionally set to that way. I don't know if it is useful option to anyone, but I don't think it is usefull to set it to replicate the default either.