Spree stuff

BECK

• Subscriber

Hi, sorry if this was already addressed. I searched and didn't find anything about it.

Seems like some of the spree stuff from pub is missing in silent, is this true? Death sprees, end sprees and then teamkill/selfkill/envirokill stuff? We had some great sounds to go with those events and my admin who has been working on the silent server says those events are no longer covered. Is that true, and if so could they be added?

Thank you.

• Management
We didn't remove any spree options. Death sprees are present. A direct reference to the ETPub cvar would help me check how it is in silEnT. If you ment that sounds are missing from some of the spree events, for instance when the spree ends on teamkill. Yes, we can add sound definitions for those that are currently only text. Do also note that sprees announcements are customizable in the client end in silEnT. Meaning that the players can block announcements if they want to. Maybe these client settings are the cause why the death sprees and spree ends were not noticed.

• Subscriber
Yeah, I guess I mean specifically the sound events - stuff that used to be in the banner file. I'm not worried about clients turning them off, that is their choice. We have the spree sounds and multikill stuff working, but just would be nice to have the rest. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • Subscriber
Hate to revive a dead thread, but I don't see this in the change log for 0.5.1. Is this still something that you are planning on including? Thanks guys, we all appreciate the work you do for this great mod!

• Management

Indeed were not added in 0.5.1 eventhough I promised then. Maybe went to another test branch or I forgot. At least one other feature disappeared that was in the changelog also. Sorry about this.

Now added to the 0.5.2 version:

"sound/announces/deaths10.wav"

"sound/announces/deaths20.wav"

"sound/announces/send.wav"

"sound/announces/sendtk.wav"

"sound/announces/sendsk.wav"

"sound/announces/sendenv.wav"

Where "send.wav" is spree end by enemy, tk is teamkill, sk is selfkill and env is just spree ended.

Indeed were not added in 0.5.1 eventhough I promised then. Maybe went to another test branch or I forgot. At least one other feature disappeared that was in the changelog also. Sorry about this.

Now added to the 0.5.2 version:

"sound/announces/deaths10.wav"

"sound/announces/deaths20.wav"

"sound/announces/send.wav"

"sound/announces/sendtk.wav"

"sound/announces/sendsk.wav"

"sound/announces/sendenv.wav"

Where "send.wav" is spree end by enemy, tk is teamkill, sk is selfkill and env is just spree ended.

these spree's would aready be in a mod folder or we would need to make additional pk3 to use them?

• Subscriber

No problem gaoesa, lots of things to code and consider. Thanks for working on it for the next release though.

@dookie

You'll need to provide your own sounds for them. Presumably, as long as the client can find a valid WAV file in one of those locations, it will be played with the corresponding event occurs.

Edited by BECK