server.log auto-cleanup feature

carv

I looked in the documentation but I could not find if there is a way to make the server.log file auto- clean up or purge itself every so often. I am not sure if this is a cvar setting but i did find that g_logs is not included in the documentation nor on the wiki. unless i am blind which is entirely possible.

My server.log file is at 29MBytes and am just curious if i have to purge it manually or if there is a mechanism in place to take care of it.

For that fact i did not see anything similar to that for admin.log nor cheat.log but these two are so much smaller than server.log.

I see where i can use g_logOption to define paramaters to include or exclude but that is it.

I can do that. i'Il delete it every so often. I was just not sure if there was a way to automatically clean it up or keep the latest 7 days of data or restrict the size to a certain limit.

Thanks Blackops!

Better way would be making new serwer log after one week/month and old serwer log save as xxserver.log (number of month/week where xx is). I'm doing this manualy on my serwer 'couse sometimes i need check some things from last month in server log and i need backups of old log's file.

For Example:

-- Sol (www.polish-frags.pl)
logname = "serverlog.log"
data = "12:00:00" - rm log every day at 12:00
function et_RunFrame( levelTime )
if string.find(os.date(), data) ~= nil then
 if et.HOSTARCH == "UNIX" then
  os.execute(string.format("rm %s/%s/%s",tostring(et.trap_Cvar_Get("fs_homepath")),tostring(et.trap_Cvar_Get("fs_game")),logname))
 elseif et.HOSTARCH == "WIN32" then
  os.execute(string.format("DEL %s/%s/%s",tostring(et.trap_Cvar_Get("fs_homepath")),tostring(et.trap_Cvar_Get("fs_game")),logname))
 end
end
end