Need help with missing functions in the game.

Peter20ghz

Where can i actually force it to use a certain port? Now im not sure which one it uses. and i cant seem to connect to it from outside anymore.

I moved my install to a dedicated machine, and i can connect to it from within my network (192.168 etc) but when i try to connect to it from my outside ip i can no longer connect. In my cisco gateway i have set up static IP on that machine, and i have forwarded a range of ports (27960 -27969) to that machine on both protocolls. I have even tried to put the machine in DMZ and it did not help, so i guess it could be something in the config files that prevent this? I have even de-activated the PC´s own firewall and its on a freshly installed PC, no other software installed that could interfere.

Anymore thoughts?

Thank you

Peter

Done that now. So i know now its on that particular port. For a short moment i could actually see my server from another computers in game server browser, but when i try to connect to it only says "avaiting connection" and counts on to forever. Same goes if i try to connect by type in the IP direct. Then after that my server no longer is visible in the serverlist. I can still log on locally with my local IP address. Its quite confusing :)

OK. now im feeling stupid. I did restart my Cisco gateway (from isp UPC) and it seemed to do an update after that. Now suddenly it seems like that i can connect and my server SVENNES-EThost is vissible in the list. If anyone would like to try to see if they can connect and whatnot that would be much appreciated.

Thank you all for all the input given.

//Peter

Hi Peter, it is impossible to connect because we can't download your pk3 files.

You need to set up a redirect :

set sv_allowDownload 1

set sv_wwwDownload 1

set sv_wwwDlDisconnected 0

set sv_wwwBaseURL "http://blabla/peter"

On the website blabla, you must have 2 directories:

blabla/peter/etmain <-- all your pk3 maps

blabla/peter/silent <-- all your pk3 exactcly as your server

V55 !

:ph34r:

Edited by clan DIABOLIK