Excluding maps by no. of players

Geo

I've read the wiki and understand we can exclude maps unless they have a certain amount of people playing. I wanted to exclude fragmaze_fixed from the map voting list if there are 10 or more people playing. I see I can do it like this:

[players 0-15]
set g_excludedMaps ":mlb_temple:"
[players 16-*]
set g_excludedMaps ":adlernest:"
[/players]

will exclude map MLB Temple if the player amount is less or equal to 15 and exclude map Adlernest if the player amount is 16 or more. The player amount counting is controlled with g_playerCounting server cvar.

When I put this in the server.cfg (not entirely sure if this is right as it didn't work in the mapconfigs) it worked but caused a problem. It cancelled out the g_excludedmaps cvar and executed its functions, but then the next map the g_excludedmaps cvar worked and the [players] block didn't. How I can I get these functions to both execute?

The [players] block were put underneath the excludedmaps cvar in server.cfg. Just something i'd like to get working as a test. Thanks. 

and I think you will have to "close" the fist block with [/players] so a part of your mapconfigs/default.cfg will look like :

(works with g_playerCounting=12)

[players 0-15]
set g_excludedMaps ":mlb_temple:"
[/players]

[players 16-*]
set g_excludedMaps ":adlernest:"
[/players]

Edited by clan DIABOLIK

I was trying it like this for example: (in mapconfigs/default.cfg)

[players 11-*]
set g_excludedMaps ":fragmaze_fixed:"
[players 5-*]
set g_excludedMaps ":te_valhalla:"
[players 0-15]
set g_excludedMaps ":venice:"
[/players]

set g_excludedMaps ":oasis:fueldump:battery:railgun:"

I had the maps with limitations at the top and underneath the maps I want to permanently exclude. The problem is, it only executes the second g_excludedmaps and none of the map with limited amounts of players work. The [players] blocks are not working for me. Have I made an obvious error or something? Thanks

• Management

Please read what the server log says. There is a printed line for every block it executes and the player count it is using. However, the last g_excludedMaps is overriding every g_excludedMaps in the previous blocks. Remember that the last one executed is the one that is used. They don't add to each others.