Custom quickchat

pinkamena

Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to alter the wm_ftquickmessage and wm_ftquickmessagealt menu's and make a separate pk3 file on our server. The thing i'd like to make is a complete different quickchat where the options to use voicechats is replaced by our server rules for easier access for our members.

Would it be as easy as to simple replace the lines?:

QM_MENU_START( "wm_ftquickmessageAlt" )

QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM(     "1. Statements",     close wm_ftquickmessageAlt;     open wm_ftquickstatements_alt,     "1", 0 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM(     "2. Requests",         close wm_ftquickmessageAlt;     open wm_ftquickrequests_alt,         "2", 1 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM(     "3. Commands",         close wm_ftquickmessageAlt;     open wm_ftquickcommand_alt,         "3", 2 )

QM_MENU_END

with:

QQM_MENU_START( "wm_ftquickmessagealt" )

QM_MENU_ITEM     (     "1. Heavy Spawnkill",     say "Heavy weapon spawnkilling is NOT allowed!";        close wm_ftquickmessagealt

,          "1", 0 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM(     "2. English",         say "Speak English in the main chat!";                 close wm_ftquickmessagealt

,         "2", 1 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM(     "3. Walljumping",     say "Walljumping for objective is NOT allowed!";         close wm_ftquickmessagealt

,         "3", 2 )

QM_MENU_END

If so, how do we add it to our server without forcing everyone to download this file? We only want our members to download it since other people might want to use their fireteam quickchat. Is there some sort of whitelist we can add?

If it ain't as simply as replacing the lines what can we do to make this work?

Edited by pinkamena

As far as I know you can't serve different PK3s to different people.. But it may be possible for you to offer this file to your members via your website etc..

My question is - why limit it to members only? I would consider it an advantage for everyone to be able to state the rules via quick commands :) You'd be surprised how many regular players like to remind people of the rules - after all, they dont want rulebreakers either!

My question is - why limit it to members only? I would consider it an advantage for everyone to be able to state the rules via quick commands

Yes i agree, how ever i don't think people will be very happy about the fact that their quickchat menu has been replaced by our rules. So like i said we would like to be able to give it to people that actually want it without annoying other people that prefer their quickchats.

Yes i agree, how ever i don't think people will be very happy about the fact that their quickchat menu has been replaced by our rules. So like i said we would like to be able to give it to people that actually want it without annoying other people that prefer their quickchats.

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about creating a new one :P

It's not possible to force downloads to individual players. The sv_referencedPaks in the engine determine the pk3 files that the clients need to have and that is distributed to all players.

Ok and is it possible to create a whitelist of some sort that allows people to have certain named pk3 files without setting our sv_pure to 0?