MAC address ban

ShaDoW

okay it looks nice, but I have a question. I heard something about a program WTFast, it makes a private network from you to the server. But it changes ur IP address too. Last night did we banned someone on server who is using that program and he came back after few minutes with new IP address and silent id and he was back. So if we enable this nobody who is using that program isn't able to connect anymore?

• Management

It is not a fool prof system. It can happen that he can manage to connect still. It is just better then using MAC addresses. You could consider using subnet bans if the ident doesn't stop him. Also note that you can whitelist players if they happen to have IP address from the range of the banned subnet.

okay, but i meant we haven't enabled identoptions yet. Some people are using that program to get a better connection and it changes ur IP address too. So this will also kick people that are using this program to get a better connection? 

• Management

if u use that program that changes ur IP address. Will identoptions kick u?

No.

Those whoever say that they are using 3rd party services to change their IP to get better connection is bullshit. At the end of the day it's all your internet for better speed.