Mouse Speed in silEnT

Rhino Cracker

I think I've found the problem.

Like most nowadays mods, Silent doesn't execute the autoexec.cfg on start, which is setting my FOV.

So I had the same mousespeed (sensitivity, pitch, yaw), the same distance to move the mouse for a 360° turn but a different distance to move to mouse to an object X pixels away on the screen. :)

• Management

I'm glad you got it solved. Regarding the autoexec.cfg, silent mod and probably all mods do execute it. But if it gets executed depends on how you launch the game. To execute autoexec.cfg from the silent folder, you must start the ET directly into the silEnT mod. I.e. using the fs_game setting on the command line.

I usually start ET using QTracker and a selfmade batch file.

It uses this command line:

ET.exe +exec autoexec.cfg +connect 178.20.175.240:27960

But my autoexec.cfg is located in etmain.

I've found another thing: For some reason my cl_yawspeed in ...\silent\Profiles\Rhino\etconfig.cfg was set to 0 instead of 140.

I'm not sure what this value does - i thought ET uses m_pitch and m_yaw for horizontal/vertical mouse speed.

• Management

For some reason my cl_yawspeed in ...\silent\Profiles\Rhino\etconfig.cfg was set to 0 instead of 140.

Silent mod doesn't alter these values. But they can be changed by forcecvar and sv_cvar by server admins. Values that keep the altered values even after leaving the server, could be a bug in the implementation. I know latched values are a bit problematic when server admins are forcing them.

A reason for an admin to force cl_yawspeed can be to prevent 180 degree turn scripts.