More Lua Features

Oxyzium

I would like to know if you guys could add some more lua support? when will your next silent be released!

Examples we have thought of (You may know what we mean or not, if not then tell me)

Displaying images when triggered

et.DrawImage("images/boobs.tga",320,320,255)

Displaying text when triggered

et.DrawText("kill this player",420,420,255)

So as my friend put it:

local x = 320
local y = 200
local alpha = 255

local image = et.Image(src,x,y,alpha) -- Create Image object
local textobj = et.Text("This is text",x,y,alpha) -- Create text object ( Possibly add font and font size stuff to it? )
et.Draw(image) -- Draw the object
et.Remove(image) -- Undraw the object
image.x = 200 -- Move x coordinate
image.y = 6 -- Move y coordinate

• Management

The next version is in the works. I don't know when it will be released. There is some interesting work going on at the moment.

About the request, I don't know about the images. The text command sounds interesting. We can definitely consider these.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure about the image callback, nor do i care for it my self. Although the text callback would be awesome, it would allow people to display information on the screen for others to see allowing more advanced modifcations to be made with simpler displaying options of stats etc (hide n seek mod e.g.). Once such things get made and people can see that. Other admins and server owners will see this and want custom ways of displaying stats in their servers as well possibly bringing more lua programmers to the scene and maybe awesome future mods :)