Jump to content

Photo

g_dbMaxAliases

g_dbmaxaliases aliases database not in use

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1
OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

    Regular Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
2
A step in the right direction
  • LocationToronto

g_dbMaxAliases 5

When using !aliassearch <player> I get the error "aliassearch: Aliases database is not in use"

 

Am I overlooking something in my config?



#2
OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

    Advanced Member

  • Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4468 posts
362
I am just really nice
  • LocationFinland

Please check the log if it says anything about the aliases database during initialization.



#3
OFFLINE   Ray

Ray

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
5
A step in the right direction
  • LocationFinland

I have the same problem..

This is from the log:

 1:25:13 *=====INITIALISING USER DATABASE
 1:25:13   * Opening user database file userdb.db.
 1:25:13   * Opening user database file userxdb.db.
 1:25:13   * User database files open. Caching database.
 1:25:13   516 players cached from the user database.
 1:25:13   7 records cached from the additional user info files.
 1:25:13   * Reading aliases database.
 1:25:13   Database file is corrupted and can not be used.
 1:25:13 *=====DATABASE READY FOR USE


#4
OFFLINE   TheSilencerPL

TheSilencerPL

    Advanced Member

  • Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3109 posts
219
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland

The file where the aliases are stored is corrupted.

The fastest and the only way to fix it is to delete the file and let the server create a new one from scratch.


  • Ray likes this

#5
OFFLINE   Ray

Ray

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
5
A step in the right direction
  • LocationFinland

Fixed! Thanks for the help.  B)



#6
OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

    Regular Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
2
A step in the right direction
  • LocationToronto

Been away from the keyboard for sometime.  I did try your suggestion to delete the db files but no change in results ...

When using !aliassearch <player> I get the error "aliassearch: Aliases database is not in use"

 

server.cfg:

set g_dbDirectory "database"
g_dbMaxAliases 5
 
contents of database\:
-rw-rw-r-- 6398 mapvoteinfo.cfg
-rw-rw-r-- 5840 serverstat.cfg
-rwxr-xr-x 7418 shrubbot.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 324 userdb.db
-rw-r--r-- 20 userxdb.db

 

I deleted database\*db

Started server and joined (logs)

 

*=====INITIALISING USER DATABASE
* Opening user database file userdb.db.
* Opening user database file userxdb.db.
*=====DATABASE READY FOR USE
 
re-started server and re-joined
 
*=====INITIALISING USER DATABASE
* Opening user database file userdb.db.
* Opening user database file userxdb.db.
* User database files open. Caching database.
1 players cached from the user database.
No additional user records in the user database.
*=====DATABASE READY FOR USE


#7
OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

    Regular Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
2
A step in the right direction
  • LocationToronto

Never mind.  Seems to be working now.



#8
OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

    Regular Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
2
A step in the right direction
  • LocationToronto

no, actually alias related commands just tell me "aliases database is not in use".  So yes, problem still exists.  It is as if the alias option is not enabled.  I am at a loss to understand why it won't work.



#9
OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

    Advanced Member

  • Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4468 posts
362
I am just really nice
  • LocationFinland

Re-check the g_dbMaxAliases with rcon while the server is running. However, it is possible it is set, but still not active, if the order of executing the commands in the startup cfg is wrong.

 

*=====INITIALISING USER DATABASE
* Opening user database file userdb.db.
* Opening user database file userxdb.db.
*=====DATABASE READY FOR USE

This looks like it isn't even trying to initialize it. That suggests the g_dbMaxAliases is not set or gets cleared before the mod launches. In all error cases it would print some error message. The g_dbMaxAliases can be only set at startup, that means it must have a positive value before the very first map command is executed in the configs. Or you can set it on the command line too. The server has to be fully restarted for the value change to take effect.



#10
OFFLINE   sageone

sageone

    Regular Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
2
A step in the right direction
  • LocationToronto

Amazing.  I must have looked at my cfg 100s of times and never noticed the missing "set ...." portion of the cvar setting.  Not until I took your suggestion to validate the cvar with rcon (something I never thought of trying yet).  Once I put "set" in front of g_dbMaxAliases, things began working.  I knew it was something simple.  I hope this thread helps others from losing hair :)







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: g_dbmaxaliases, aliases, database, not in use

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users