Lua LESM Help

Ray

Hi, 

I'm totally new to this LUA thing and have tried today to get it to my server. 

LESM - folder uploaded and config made as described in the wiki to server.cfg And lua_status thru rcon was ok.

I've also read about 3 times the wiki regarding installation and setup. lol

But, I can't figure out how to edit the settings, to get the things enabled that I need. 

Cant't even register my profile on server. :ph34r:

*=====DATABASE READY FOR USE
10:32:11 Lua 5.3 API: Loading LuaESMod.lua
10:32:11 [LESM] Initializing...
10:32:11 [LESM] Loading Config.json
10:32:11 [LESM] Your config does not exist, we will create a new one for you
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Config.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [LESM] Configuration loaded.
10:32:11 [LESM] Loading Logger
10:32:11 [LESM] Loading saved files...
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Maps.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/extra/FieldNames.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/extra/ClientFieldNames.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/extra/Weapons.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/extra/Classes.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/extra/Countries.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Grammar.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/SwearFilter.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Rules.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Banners.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Colors.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Cvars.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Entities.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [Error] No users found in file
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/RegularUserData.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [LESM] Loading mail database...
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Mail.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [LESM] Loading Commands
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Commands.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [LESM] Loaded 75 commands
10:32:11 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Commands.json: No such file or directory
10:32:11 [LESM] Loading constants
10:32:11 [LESM] Loading entity data
10:32:11 [LESM] Adding runframe routines
10:32:11 [LESM] Loading sha1
10:32:13 [LESM] Loaded sha1 in 1812ms
10:32:13 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Sounds.json: No such file or directory
10:32:13 [Error] FileHandler:Save ERROR silent/silent/LESM/save/Blacklist.json: No such file or directory
10:32:13 [LESM] Registering modname...
10:32:13 [LESM] Lua Enhanced Server Module v2.7.5c
10:32:13 [LESM] Done initializing in 2633ms 

Anyone could give me a helping hand here, would be much appriciated. :)

Thanks

Ray

Sorry was away for the day :P

That version may not even work with silent 0.9.0 or at least some things may not work. I am working on the next version to be compatible with silent 0.9.0, but I am a slow worker now I lose interest pretty fast.

If you wish to track progress in the version compatible with 0.9.0 then follow this topic: http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/topic/6720-progress-on-next-version/

Ignoring that it probably will not work on silent 0.9.0...

What the current problem seems to be is that it can't find the save path though.

There is probably 1 of 3 things happening.

1. Is you don't have permission to write in your save path, I have never had this issue but it could possibly cause this.

2. (The Most likely) Is the folder structure isn't properly setup in your save path.

3. Some other error is preventing it from saving/reading files in save path, don't think so though since it would show in log.

What I would do is make sure you have the proper folders created in your save path.

Since lua can't make directories by itself, if your homepath is different than your base path then you have to manually create the directories.

Like said in the wiki, you need in your /fs_homepath/silent/ a folder called LESM and inside that folder you need a save folder.

So you would need to make a folder inside the silent mod homepath folder with LESM, and inside LESM you would need to create save,extra, and logs folder.

/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/save/
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/extra/
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/logs/
It is kind of a pain but lua has it's limits when accessing directories and files and the such.

Hope that is somewhat helpful...

Sorry was away for the day :P

That version may not even work with silent 0.9.0 or at least some things may not work. I am working on the next version to be compatible with silent 0.9.0, but I am a slow worker now I lose interest pretty fast.

If you wish to track progress in the version compatible with 0.9.0 then follow this topic: http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/topic/6720-progress-on-next-version/

Ignoring that it probably will not work on silent 0.9.0...

What the current problem seems to be is that it can't find the save path though.

There is probably 1 of 3 things happening.

1. Is you don't have permission to write in your save path, I have never had this issue but it could possibly cause this.

2. (The Most likely) Is the folder structure isn't properly setup in your save path.

3. Some other error is preventing it from saving/reading files in save path, don't think so though since it would show in log.

What I would do is make sure you have the proper folders created in your save path.

Since lua can't make directories by itself, if your homepath is different than your base path then you have to manually create the directories.

Like said in the wiki, you need in your /fs_homepath/silent/ a folder called LESM and inside that folder you need a save folder.

So you would need to make a folder inside the silent mod homepath folder with LESM, and inside LESM you would need to create save,extra, and logs folder.

/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/save/
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/extra/
/fs_homepath/mod/LESM/logs/
It is kind of a pain but lua has it's limits when accessing directories and files and the such.

Hope that is somewhat helpful...

Thanks for your answer.  :)

I'll try manually set the paths and see what happens.  :D

Edited by Ray