Several Settings / bugs I'm having trouble with...

kragle

Hi All...

I am just curious to the SilEnT mod, I wanted to swap our ETPRO trickjump server for SilEnT and couldn't help but notice it is pretty much exactly the same, even G_Shove_NOZ and g_headshot is there!

Basicially, I need help with a few things.

Solider Class - It is disabled? Need to enable... Also speed of Solider with Heavy Weapons I hope I can change?

Default Skills? - I need it level 4 on all - I can't seem to find info or understand the default skills setting.

Field Ops canister - 1 time use only?

I will update it as I go along but for now that is all I need, I got our old LUA trickjump mod working with LoadAngles and Velocity save, so it is working very nice. But I noticed when you die/respawn - A bug happens that when your a Medic, you spawn as if you /playdead and have a FG42 with scope constantly on with no ammo unless you fire and everything is back to normal..... :)

Thanks,

Kragle

Found g_minArtyTime which helps, I found but still my Solider class is disabled? What do I need to do? I Ctrl+F to find on the page about Soldier in server cvars but does not say about disabling a class, or any, completely?

Edited by kragle

• Management

I think it could be because you don't have any weapons enabled for soldier class. There is a slight difference with silEnT against other mods, as we don't default enable SMG weapons for soldiers. I.e. if you don't have any heawy weapons enabled but want to enable soldiers with SMG weapons, look at g_classWeapons http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/Silent_Mod_Server_Cvar#g_classWeapons Just a guess. I don't remember but I don't think there is a specific cvar to disable the soldier class, but it is based on disabling all the weapons from them.

EDIT:

I just realized that we do default enable the SMG weapons for soldiers, because that is the way people got used to them, but there is a cvar option to disable those never the less.

Thanks, that seemed to work :) I just noticed however, I couldn't get the grenades to work like ETPRO did and also the cushion function in SilEnT doesn't carry your speed. You just thud on the floor like ETmain/Jaymod does, I was really annoyed at that... So I don't know if I'll continue with it, unless someone knows how to bypass it with softcoded LUA or something?

Edited by kragle

• 1 month later...

In speaking with another mod developer, i believe the cushion texture is a bug of sorts.  The same behavior was seen in Jaymod.  Decent mods such as ETPro lets you keep the velocity when landing on a surfaceparm cushion