• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Help-with-fun-settings

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Purple

Purple

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Getting Better

wow you are great purple!!!!!

thanks to everyone for the help! Well done!! :)

One last question:  is there a way to give everyone a panzer with fast recharge plus their regular weapons?

the server is at: 108.61.18.110:27941 Lock_&_Load_Crazygravity_Unlimited_ammo

for the charge time here is the settings on the wiki that you will need to edit in your server config

http://mygamingtalk....medicChargeTime

as for the panzer will have to give me some time to think because when i was making my gungame mod the only way i could get other classes weapons to change was to latch them to a the class afaik Soldier or CovertOps and had to gib them.

OFFLINE   Petbark

Petbark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Getting Better

What is the WP for the axis grenade????

OFFLINE   HunTer

HunTer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
A step in the right direction

I should of seen the g_ChargeTime settings in the Docs :(  My silent.cfg did not have them listed. I've add them and changed the settings per your suggestion and problem/question solved (thank you!!) 

OFFLINE   Purple

Purple

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Getting Better

What is the WP for the axis grenade????

I don't think there is one just for axis but wp for nades is 9 you could just do a simple team check and set the Hades for axis on spawn like the script posted above

OFFLINE   Petbark

Petbark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Getting Better

FYI

The axis grenades work off WP_GRENADE_LAUNCHER

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

There are separate grenade weapons for each team. The MOD_ values are buggy and use the same for both teams (already fixed for next version). WP_GRENADE_LAUNCHER is axis and WP_GRENADE_PINEAPPLE is allied.

OFFLINE   Tweek

Tweek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

There was alot of great info here. I would have simply put the disired settings in the default config for all maps but I don't like the continuous up and down of crazy gravity. I find my desired  number then just do g_gravity number and it stays right at that number then put in mapconfig default. I have two fun maps currently and used map configs to my desired settings. Which works perfrctly even though I am a big fan of Lua and run the newest version of a Zelly's, In my defailt config I simply added g_panzerwar 1(made 9999 ammo), g_gravity desired number. Those do not have to be forced because your simply changing the settings. I would recommend  checking your g_dmgPanzer in rcon in game because usually when you do panzerwar it goes from default of 400 to about 125 which makes it not so fun. I had to do a set g_panzerwar 1 ;wait 100 ;g_panzerDmg 750  in my custom vote that I made on my server. I also did g_panzerDmg 750 in my fun map config right after my g_panzerwar 1. I know 750 Is really high but you sure blow the S**t out of everyone and have plenty of fun LMAO.

P.S. I would stick to what these guys have walked you through because it is done. I am posting to let people know it can be done without Lua and sometimes simple is best for people who are not so tech savvy. 

Edited by Tweek, 27 March 2015 - 04:38 PM.

OFFLINE   HunTer

HunTer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Thank you for the infomation / settings.  The only thing I have left that I need help with is how to give all players a panzer and keep there normal weapons for their class. I tried the panzerwar setting but the players were just left with a knife and a panzer.  On the  FUNBOY (FLIGHT SCHOOL)  74.91.123.182:27965 sever all players have a panzer plus their normal weapons using the the SilEnt mod. Thanks for the help and the suggestions!

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
On the road to fame

That IP uses jaymod + enhance mod. Without correct fixes you can crash jaymod servers anytime. Too many loop holes. 

OFFLINE   HunTer

HunTer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

The FUNBOY (flight school)  sever at 74.91.123.182:27965 is running SilEnt mod 0.8.2  The FUNBOY severs do have a jaymod and a Noquarter mod sever. They all have the same IP address but use a different port  (27961 and 27969) i was just wondering how they gave all class of players a panzer. I wanted to do that for my SilEnt mod server.  Thanks for the help.

OFFLINE   Tweek

Tweek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

They are using Silent on Flight School but they have a "enhanced mod" which was intended for jaymod only installed as well. This is how they are adding the panzer and unlimited ammo with all weapons. This is not recommended by Silent because its unstable, security loopholes, and crashing. I personally would see if it could be done with Lua, or if there is a similar mini-mod that is compatable with Silent. I wonder if the give command would work in a map config? If it did though once you get gibbed you would lose what was given. If I was a brillant coder I would see this as a challenge and my competitive persosonality would take over to try and find a solution.

Edited by Tweek, 30 March 2015 - 06:50 AM.

OFFLINE   HunTer

HunTer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

thank you for the reply.  I understand what you are saying about the enhanced mod. Purple said he would look into a possible solution and to give him some time. so I'll keep my fingers crossed  :)

OFFLINE   Purple

Purple

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Getting Better

I looked into this and I don't think it can be done via lua? The only way I can think off was latching the player weapon, but in order to latch the panzer the class would need to be soldier. So I don't think I can do that part, although i did update the lua script and will post it in the downloads sections has a bit more settings and features pre-done in the lua so users won't need to change anything in their server configuration files.

OFFLINE   HunTer

HunTer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Thank you Purple, I appreciate the help / suggestions and the lua unlimited ammo script!! 

Edited by HunTer, 30 March 2015 - 09:25 PM.

OFFLINE   Purple

Purple

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Getting Better

Thank you Purple, I appreciate the help / suggestions and the lua unlimited ammo script!! 

Any time mate :)

OFFLINE   Purple

Purple

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Getting Better

sorry for spam post but couldn't edit my other one, I uploaded the updated file in the download section called "CrazyMod".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users