0.5.0 XPSAVE

clan DIABOLIK

Hi

Congratulations for your mod, it is very complete work, and thanks for the community.

I've just swaped from jay/enhmod to siLenT, read the f***g manual, but XPSAVE does not work :

my settings:

// XP Save configuration

set g_XPSave 21

set g_XPSaveMaxAge_xp "30d"

set g_damageXP "1"

set g_damageXPLevel "50"

set g_maxXP "90000"

set g_xpdecay "0"

set g_xpdecayrate "0"

set g_xpdecayfloor "1"

Could it be related to the file server.dat, wich comes from a previous test-server ?

( I had this problem with the 2 user.db, log said corrupted, I erased them and OK, but server.dat ...)

Thanks in advance

V55

Edited by blackops

• Management

Server.dat is not a problem. It is used to store server data that needs storing over restarts. You can even delete it if you wish. It will recreate with new values.

About the corruption error. This implies the files were not created by the silEnTmod.

Thanks guys,

OK I've stopped server, deleted server.dat, and started server.

@phantasm : concerning the 2 db files, I had corrupted message because they came from a second server (silent-mod under windows, and the real-server is a linux) I just had to erase them, and I have no more message about corrupted files.

I can not verify until tonight if XP are well saved since delete of server.dat, I will update post tonight.

V581

OK thanks - please don't close the topic as I must confirm it is resolved.

For exampe, I don't understand in the doc:

Note Storing XP requires PunkBuster GUID. However, XP save is safe to use even if all players wouldn't have GUIDs

Because now that silentID is compatible with old PB etkey, could you explain it in other words please ? :blink:

Hey, I like the smiley :ph34r: it's a blackops member lol ^^

Thanks mister, but I think problem is resolved (there is set g_dbUserMaxAge "30" instead of set g_dbUserMaxAge "30d" in default silent.cfg)

FYI, i've 90% finished to migrate my jaymod options to silent ones (but it is hard for me, I've always setup only jaymod servers).

I really think I'm going to keep this mod ! Initially choosen for the ETKey feature, it is many fined tunable to have fun !

So please, can I have the link of the ETPub documentation (server cvars etc ...) in the right version corresponding to silent0.050 ?

Thanks in advance,

:ph34r: BLACKOPS :ph34r: figo

Edited by blackops

• Subscriber

hello

dont found yet how to set to can have xp saved for ever :$

we have that atm

// XP Save configuration

set g_dbDirectory "database"

set g_dbUserMaxAge "3o"

set g_XPSave 21

set g_XPSaveMaxAge_xp "90d"