Moltov Cocktails

=EMP=Avery13

So I believe this has been talked about before, but my break from the forums has put me out of the loop and I just can't find anything today.

Is this something that might be added in the future or here soon? Or is it still something that will just not be added at all?

Reason for asking is that I really want to add silent mod to my server instead of the buggy jaymod system, but my players are still in favor of jaymod for this one single reason. No matter the issues really, they just love the cocktails, and it seems that a lot of players really do too!

It would be a cool addition to silent.. and it doesn't even have to be mandatory on every server. Maybe add it to the g_weapons cvar as another peramiter.

Something to think about. I would really love to see it happen in silent.

• Management
I personally don't like the idea at all. My personal opinion is that those were bad for team work by forcing to keep bigger distance to engineers when rushing to objectives. Or alternatively taking self sacrifice to kill the engineer and take the flame before the team engineer. Otherwise the single engineer was able to kill/wound/defend the planted dynamite at the objective too easily.

I like the Molotovs. Yes, they can be abused but the admin of the server can choose not to use it and dissabling it. I would love to have molotovs in silent mod.

unfortunatley, I am not a programer and cannot do any of this on my own, nor do I know how dificult this might be. it is your choice to determine what goes into the mod but I would be a happy person if this where included.

• Management
The problem with molotovs is the fact that they can be abused too easily, mainly because they are too easy (too fast) to use for example they don't have to be fired prior to throw. I suppose that when we added molotovs that would have to be fired prior to throw they wouldn't be so popular anymore.

The problem with molotovs is the fact that they can be abused too easily, mainly because they are too easy (too fast) to use for example they don't have to be fired prior to throw. I suppose that when we added molotovs that would have to be fired prior to throw they wouldn't be so popular anymore.

yes they can be abused but that could be an admin decision to include allow them or not. if they are not in the mod then there is no decision for the admn to make.

I like the idea of adding an extra animation of lighting the molotov to add an extra second or two. but again I think the key is to make the mod appeal to most players. some servers might actually like the molotvs as a fun type mode. Like blackops server had the mode where a pistol would make you blow up. i had fun on that map. it is not something i would always want to do but there is a time and a place for it.

Making the second Jaymod from silEnT isn't a good idea IMO :(

Dragon put it best. Jaymod is great for things like molitovs, gas mines etc. IMO this isn't what Silent is about, and so far I've been pretty happy with the results of it thus far.

The PPSH and trip mines were awesome additions to give it it's own style and weapon selection, but I think adding to many weapons that reply less on skill and more on "spray and pray" will make Silent servers ones that not many will want to play. Then again I may be wrong.

We see it differently then. Anytime I try to start a silent mOd, I get pushed away from any player because they like the molotovs and other features the silent doesnt have. I'm just thinking by enabling the flag, Admins that have lower return rates on their server can choose to use it and people might come back more if they like things like that. Jaymod is not going to die oh because there are people loyal to their features. In no way am I try to say silent needs to be like jaymod, because it shouldn't be. What I am saying is that it would be nice to have special features like that that will attract more players to servers that don't get many players on there. Silent mod is obviously the best choice to run a server on due to its ability for the GUIs system and many other features that allow us to run punkbuster. I also love the trip mines and ppsh gun, but I'm just thinking it would be even better if you enable one flag for molotovs. That is sometimes a persona favorite weapon of choice and you eliminate that player from your server just because you do not have it set. My clan said they would switch to the silent mod, but they would really want to see molotovs be put in. They would try without, but probably wouldn't feel the same. They are going it a month and if they choose the don't like it, they want to go back to jaymod.

Regards

• 1 month later...