enabled/disabled maps

Dookie

we have this now in our default.cfg on our testserver

[players 0-14]
set g_excludedMaps ":1944_beach:industry2_final:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:glider:cortexbeta_who:"
[players 15-19]
set g_excludedMaps ":purefrag:GA_El_Kef:1944_beach:industry2_final:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:glider:"
[players 20-*]
set g_excludedMaps ":purefrag:GA_El_Kef:"
[/players]

me and 2 bots are on server. When I do nextmap industry2_final and cortexbeta_who are still visible in the votelist but :mlb_temple, mlb_daybreak, glider and 1944_beach not anymore.

I checked the pk3 filenames already and they are correct.

What do I wrong?

Edited by ShaDoW

• Management
You can check thestored values from the server.dat in the silent folder. It has 4 rows and the last 2 rows are the stored player counts. Also, check the log, it does verbosely explain which blocks it execs or parse errors from the block markups.

hey, ever since i started using silent mod i had this in my server.cfg and i still got it:

set g_excludedMaps ":battery:goldrush:radar:"

but since ive updated to silent mod 0.5.2 it doesnt work anymore, cuz all that 3 maps are votable, i think it has something with player counting ive made in default.cfg this:

[players 0-9]

set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:baserace_desert:" //purefrag and el_key are playable

[players 9-12]

set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:" //baserace_desert, purefrag and el_key are playable

[players 13-14]

set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:purefrag:" ////baserace_desert and el_key are playable

[players 15-17]

set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:purefrag:ga_el_kef:" //baserace_desert is playable

[players 18-19]

set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:purefrag:ga_el_kef:" //baserace_desert and cortex_who are playable

[players 20-*]

set g_excludedMaps ":purefrag:ga_el_Kef:" //baserace_desert and cortex_who, industry2 ,mlb_temple ,mlb_daybreak are playable

[/players]

any ideas how to make those 3 maps disabled again? thx

• Management

Try this:

[players 0-9]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:baserace_desert:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 9-12]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 13-14]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:purefrag:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 15-17]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:purefrag:ga_el_kef:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 18-19]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:purefrag:ga_el_kef:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 20-*]
set g_excludedMaps ":purefrag:ga_el_Kef:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[/players]

well sum are disabled, battery and goldrush, but radar is still there :S, +, when there is 20+ people mlbdaybreak,temple and industry are still not on voting list :S it has been 20+ for few maps but they never appeared on vote list, when i do rocn set g_exlucdedmaps always says that industry,temple and daybreak are excluded :S

• Management

Check from logs what it says when it is execing the config files. This will ensure the block you want is executed or if not, you will see what is the player amount it is using. About the goldrush, make sure you don't have some custom version on the votable list and that there are no typos in the map names.

Just tomakesure, you did add these blocks into the default.cfg in the g_mapConfigs directory?

yes it is in mapconfigs directory in default.cfg...

here are all logs...so please look into and see if you cant find anything wrong, cuz i wasnt been able to :/

Edited by gaoesa
Got the file thanks. Removed the download link to prevent any data leaks.

• Management

Execing default.cfg mapconfig for 21 players.
 * Execing commands for player amount between 20 - 64.
 * Execed total of 22 commands from the config file.
Execing supply_pro.cfg mapconfig for 21 players.
 * Config file "mapconfigs/supply_pro.cfg" was not found.

This is the type of log entrys to look for. I searched for parse error messages and I didn't find those. It seemed in the log that there were very few times when the 20 players were exceeded. As for the error of having always the same g_excludedMaps it might suggest you have another set g_excludedMaps somewhere after the blocks. If that is the case, it will overrule the g_excludedMaps inside the blocks.

i am sure that there isnt g_excludedmaps anywhere but in that default.cfg...but its just not working, sum things are working, for example cortex is votable when there is 17-18 people, purefrag is votable when there is 12 people or under, el kef is votable when there is certain amount of people, only cant remove those standard maps, battery,goldrush,radar and this daybreak,temple and industry arent working...dunno what is the prob...

this is what ive found:

192:00 Start of warmup.

192:00 Cheat logfile open: cheat.log

192:00 Execing default.cfg mapconfig for 21 players.

192:00 * Execing commands for player amount between 20 - 64.

192:00 * Execed total of 22 commands from the config file.

192:00 Execing industry2.cfg mapconfig for 21 players.

192:00 * Config file "mapconfigs/industry2.cfg" was not found.

coundt find anything else in etconsole or server console...

Try this:

[players 0-9]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:baserace_desert:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 9-12]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 13-14]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:purefrag:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 15-17]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:cortex_who:purefrag:ga_el_kef:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 18-19]
set g_excludedMaps ":industry2:mlb_temple:mlb_daybreak:purefrag:ga_el_kef:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[players 20-*]
set g_excludedMaps ":purefrag:ga_el_Kef:battery:goldrush:radar:"
[/players]

This works, ty.

Btw, Do u guys know which name I must take for the map ga_el_kef? "ga_el_kef" doesn't work in the default.cfg

im using now this player counting for only 1 but important thing, map purefrag, its great map to full up a server for a bit, so im actually got it showing on the voting list only when there is up to 12 players on the server, when is 13+ players its removed from the list, cuz it has not sence to play it with such a big amount of people :D