longer private messages

Dookie

Hello, ive seen that lenght of private message is limited, so tons of time's it happends that it doesnt send whole message, so i have to do it in 2 messages, so I was thinkin if maybe is possible to in chat area is current lenght of the message, but if message is even longer that you can read full message when you open console...dunno if is possible, but would be good improvment if you ask me :D

• Management
It's a good suggestion. However, for new players opening the console is not as simple as experienced players might think. It might result players getting cut messages that they don't know how to read. As a method of limiting the chat spam while allowing long messages it is very good proposition.

• 1 month later...
hello, sinc ethis hasnt been added in silent mod 0.5.2 im begging that to be added in 0.5.3 version, cuz its pissing me nd my temmates, i mean i write a message not that long and then i realize that half part is missing, can you please relong them in next realase?

• Subscriber

I would argue that people who use private messages probably know about the console anyways ;)

Maybe put the word "(TRUNCATED)" at the end of the string in the chat area so it is clear to look in console?

I would argue that people who use private messages probably know about the console anyways ;)

Maybe put the word "(TRUNCATED)" at the end of the string in the chat area so it is clear to look in console?

yea cool idea.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If it is unlimited, it might be abused. But what I'd like to see is unlimited adminchat, only people with right permissions might use it so there's no risk in making it unlimited (?), or at least increasing its max length drastically.

I didnt mean to make it unlimited but to make it a bit longer, maybe for 1 line more or smthing.