Clients connected under private slot

Dookie

• Management
Private slots are numbered 0-#privslots. So if someone is on slot 0, they are using a private slot.

That is the way it should work.

Me and my friend connected now under private slots and I was slot 0 and he was slot 8...

Can you double check this to see if there is possibly some sort of a bug? I suspect there might be a bug regarding how the Omni-bots connect to the server.

• Subscriber

Are you sure he's doing the password correctly? I actually just have a modified windows shortcut that connects to my server with the password as part of the launch command for ET. Otherwise I suppose you are connecting via the /connect syntax in the console - and even then, make sure he's doing the password correctly.

Its something like +connect xx.xxx.xxx.xxx +password PaSsWoRd

@gaoesa - this may indeed be a bug, but I haven't seen any problems when me and all my admins are loaded into our private slots - seems to work as it always has....we should eliminate human error first ;)

Are you sure he's doing the password correctly? I actually just have a modified windows shortcut that connects to my server with the password as part of the launch command for ET. Otherwise I suppose you are connecting via the /connect syntax in the console - and even then, make sure he's doing the password correctly.

Its something like +connect xx.xxx.xxx.xxx +password PaSsWoRd

@gaoesa - this may indeed be a bug, but I haven't seen any problems when me and all my admins are loaded into our private slots - seems to work as it always has....we should eliminate human error first ;)

well, our server is 28+2, and like i said above, he was slot 2 and i was slot 0, and there was 30 players on server...which means we r both connected as private clients...

If someone connected into private slot with out password then yoy need to double check password is set right in your server config.

As i understand it, bots never occupy slot 0 so you take that slot. Only when the bot from slot 1 disconnects then someone with the password will connect to that slot.

If someone connected into private slot with out password then yoy need to double check password is set right in your server config.

As i understand it, bots never occupy slot 0 so you take that slot. Only when the bot from slot 1 disconnects then someone with the password will connect to that slot.

you missed certain part's of this thread, like i said, during the time when there was no bots on server, when there was 20+ players, i was slot 0 and my friend who was also connected as private client he was slot 2...

What I was getting at is you need to double check passwords are correctly entered. You error implies that your friend has not entered the password correctly BUT the fact that you say a no one was in slot 1 says something is not set correctly.

I have just tested on my server. Turned bots fully off and had 2 people in private slots. Then turned bots back on and is working as before.

Your friend does he use a short cut like Beck?

What I was getting at is you need to double check passwords are correctly entered. You error implies that your friend has not entered the password correctly BUT the fact that you say a no one was in slot 1 says something is not set correctly.

I have just tested on my server. Turned bots fully off and had 2 people in private slots. Then turned bots back on and is working as before.

Your friend does he use a short cut like Beck?

lol, how it wasnt been connected right when server was 30/30 and we got 28+2 slots.

• Subscriber

The actual syntax is this (of course changed where relevant):

"C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +connect XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXXX +set password XXXXXXXX

Create a new Windows shortcut and place this syntax as the Target. Then you can put it your quick launch or desktop and then easily load ET and connect to your server with private password. Even if this is a bug, this is a useful tip for anyone who has a standard server they mostly play on.

Hi,

We have worked a long time with private slots 28+2, we have always had to enter the password when the occupation overpasses the 28 slots and nothing else. I believe that you do not occupy a slot called as “private”. You can get into a server and if the occupancy is higher than 28, you will be required a password to get into. When the occupancy lowers, new customers will be connected without being required to give a password until occupacy level of 28 slots is reached again, although you’re still connected to the server.

Regards.