Can't load LUA on Windows

kajto3

Hello

I'm working on server on my computer, it's windows xp 32bit. Silent version is 0.7.2. I want to load LUA scripts, I try with default qagame_mp_x86.dll from silent.zip folder. The lua_modules cvar is set properly. I start the server, and LUA's works properly but only during the warmup. After warmup no script works and lua_status shows there is nothing. But it worked until map start, even with default qagame_mp_x86.dll.

Then I tried with the gagame from dynamic_lua folder. I copied and pasted the qagame_mp_x86.dll to silent folder. Then, when I tried to start a server - yet before map start, it stopped with typical error :

'BG_IndexForString:unknown token 'PPSH' : (animations/script/human_base.script, line 22'

I've got a problem similiar to this one, but for him it couldnt work on 64bit version and it is old...

http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/topic/881-about-lua-support/

Edited by kajto3

I would suggest going back to basics.

Reinstall the server and then Silent.

Run and make sure it works then load your cfg without lua loading and try again.

Then start loading the lua scripts one at a time incase there is a bug in a lua.

The ppsh is not being loaded with the new dll I believe. Doing the above should correct this.

Tried on another install, the same effect.

And how can I load luas one by one without using the dynamic lua dll?

Tried even with only one trusted lua loaded with default dll - the same, it loads only at the warmup, after that it dissapears.

Edited by kajto3

• Management

What is the command line you use to start the server? The issue in the other thread was solved by integrating the Lua interpreter into the mod. These issues are different.

EDIT:

Just realized that you tried the dynamic_lua build. The difference between the default and the dynamic Lua is that with dynamic Lua build, you will need to place a separate lua5.1.dll that is loaded to interpret the scripts. This was missing and that is why you got the PPSH thing as the silent mod didn't start. The lua5.1.dll is usually placed next to the etded.exe. But in some cases the required location may be different depending on how the filesystem cvas are set.

• Management

By regular methods. If you're testing locally, you can start normal ET.exe after the server process is running and then with command /connect 127.0.0.1 where the 127.0.0.1 means localhost. I personally find that there are often difficulties connecting locally if the ET.exe is running before the server process is running.

Tried with another ET install, after running server process. Connected to 127.0.0.1 and... go this error:

couldn't load official pak file and verify your installation error

I'm sure that the ET I'm running and ETDED are both 2.60b version...

OK now I know, I had to run the same ET install

Now all luas seem working fine, thanks for help

Edited by kajto3

• Management

Please double check that you have all, pak0, pak2, pak3 and mp_bin in the etmain folder of the client. The server is not strict about those.

EDIT:

Ok, good you got it working using same install. Just for future info for anyone else trying, you can also use different install to connect local et server.