!*war modes

Dragonji

Could all war modes (!panzerwar, !riflewar, !sniperwar) last only till the end of the map? I'd like to add a custom vote for players so they could enable these modes anytime but the fact they won't get disabled at the end of the map stops me from doing it because if I'd add commands to disable all wars in default.cfg, players were all gibbed by the server on every map change as all three !*war commands automatically gib players when executed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally got my two fun maps completely running. One is a pazerwar the other is a sniperwar both are activated by custom map configs before match begins .I also installed rhe custom /callvotes for all the wars, low grav, fast speed that can be called by a level 6 or higher member on any map. Then in my default map config I just added the normal settings like g_panzerwar 0, g_gravity 800, g_dmgpanzer 500, anything that needs to go back to normal so everything is automatic. If a member calls a custom vote the next map goes back to normal settings. When my fun maps are voted for the same happens, the next map is back to normal. It's easy and if someone forgets and leaves the server takes care of itself. No Gibs for maps period but do not think there is a way around the gib on the custom votes. At least when it is called anyway.

Edited by Tweek

Hello man

I actually have one map in panzerwar mode (baserace_desert :mellow: ) and have these TWO lines in my default.cfg:

And no-one is gibbed when any map begins ?!?

Try it man !

I finally got my two fun maps completely running. One is a pazerwar the other is a sniperwar both are activated by custom map configs before match begins .I also installed rhe custom /callvotes for all the wars, low grav, fast speed that can be called by a level 6 or higher member on any map. Then in my default map config I just added the normal settings like g_panzerwar 0, g_gravity 800, g_dmgpanzer 500, anything that needs to go back to normal so everything is automatic. If a member calls a custom vote the next map goes back to normal settings. When my fun maps are voted for the same happens, the next map is back to normal. It's easy and if someone forgets and leaves the server takes care of itself. No Gibs for maps period but do not think there is a way around the gib on the custom votes. At least when it is called anyway.

Thanks for your answers guys. I haven't noticed g_panzerwar and g_riflewar cvars before. It seems they're definitely what I was looking for.

Please close this thread.

Dragonji, Something like this may help you to switch it off apon the next map..

set d1 "set g_gametype 2 ; map oasis ; set nextmap ; !panzerwar off ; !sniperwar off ; !riflewar off ; vstr d2"
set d2 "set g_gametype 2 ; map battery ; set nextmap ; !panzerwar off ; !sniperwar off ; !riflewar off ; vstr d3"
set d3 "set g_gametype 2 ; map goldrush ; set nextmap ; !panzerwar off ; !sniperwar off ; !riflewar off ; vstr d4"
set d4 "set g_gametype 2 ; map radar ; set nextmap vstr ; !panzerwar off ; !sniperwar off ; !riflewar off ; d5"
set d5 "set g_gametype 2 ; map railgun ; set nextmap vstr ; !panzerwar off ; !sniperwar off ; !riflewar off ; d6"
set d6 "set g_gametype 2 ; map fueldump ; set nextmap vstr ; !panzerwar off ; !sniperwar off ; !riflewar off ; d1"

So every time the next map is loaded it will switch off the war settings and your players can choose vote them again.

Edited by Oxyzium