Help-with-fun-settings

HunTer

There was alot of great info here. I would have simply put the disired settings in the default config for all maps but I don't like the continuous up and down of crazy gravity. I find my desired  number then just do g_gravity number and it stays right at that number then put in mapconfig default. I have two fun maps currently and used map configs to my desired settings. Which works perfrctly even though I am a big fan of Lua and run the newest version of a Zelly's, In my defailt config I simply added g_panzerwar 1(made 9999 ammo), g_gravity desired number. Those do not have to be forced because your simply changing the settings. I would recommend  checking your g_dmgPanzer in rcon in game because usually when you do panzerwar it goes from default of 400 to about 125 which makes it not so fun. I had to do a set g_panzerwar 1 ;wait 100 ;g_panzerDmg 750  in my custom vote that I made on my server. I also did g_panzerDmg 750 in my fun map config right after my g_panzerwar 1. I know 750 Is really high but you sure blow the S**t out of everyone and have plenty of fun LMAO.

P.S. I would stick to what these guys have walked you through because it is done. I am posting to let people know it can be done without Lua and sometimes simple is best for people who are not so tech savvy. 

Edited by Tweek

Thank you for the infomation / settings.  The only thing I have left that I need help with is how to give all players a panzer and keep there normal weapons for their class. I tried the panzerwar setting but the players were just left with a knife and a panzer.  On the  FUNBOY (FLIGHT SCHOOL)  74.91.123.182:27965 sever all players have a panzer plus their normal weapons using the the SilEnt mod. Thanks for the help and the suggestions!

The FUNBOY (flight school)  sever at 74.91.123.182:27965 is running SilEnt mod 0.8.2  The FUNBOY severs do have a jaymod and a Noquarter mod sever. They all have the same IP address but use a different port  (27961 and 27969) i was just wondering how they gave all class of players a panzer. I wanted to do that for my SilEnt mod server.  Thanks for the help.

They are using Silent on Flight School but they have a "enhanced mod" which was intended for jaymod only installed as well. This is how they are adding the panzer and unlimited ammo with all weapons. This is not recommended by Silent because its unstable, security loopholes, and crashing. I personally would see if it could be done with Lua, or if there is a similar mini-mod that is compatable with Silent. I wonder if the give command would work in a map config? If it did though once you get gibbed you would lose what was given. If I was a brillant coder I would see this as a challenge and my competitive persosonality would take over to try and find a solution.

Edited by Tweek

I looked into this and I don't think it can be done via lua? The only way I can think off was latching the player weapon, but in order to latch the panzer the class would need to be soldier. So I don't think I can do that part, although i did update the lua script and will post it in the downloads sections has a bit more settings and features pre-done in the lua so users won't need to change anything in their server configuration files.