Greetings

=EMP=Avery13

• Management

You can add a sound for it in the shrubbot.cfg level block or if the greeting concerns only single player, using !useredit command.

[level]

level = 1

name = Player

flags = CiEhaPMt

greeting = Welcome Player [n]^7!

greeting_sound = sound/greeting/welcome.wav

This is an example of a level block that adds the sound to the greeting. The actual wav file needs to be added in an additional pk3 file you make yourself. The silEnT mod does not provide any greeting sounds.

Note that the path must be given also. The path is the directory structure inside the pk3 file you make.

You can add a sound for it in the shrubbot.cfg level block or if the greeting concerns only single player, using !useredit command.

[level]

level = 1

name = Player

flags = CiEhaPMt

greeting = Welcome Player [n]^7!

This is an example of a level block that adds the sound to the greeting. The actual wav file needs to be added in an additional pk3 file you make yourself. The silEnT mod does not provide any greeting sounds.

Note that the path must be given also. The path is the directory structure inside the pk3 file you make.

Cool. Is it possible to set a personal greeting to a single player?

• Management

Yes. But that needs to be done using either online commands or with the help of the admins.cfg file.

Example of an online command to directly edit user.

!useredit "8 character PunkBuster GUID" sound sound/greeting/welcome.wav

Example using admins.cfg

1. Create admins.cfg file in the database directory.

2. Insert admin block(s) in there.

Example:

[admin]

name =

guid = full 32 character PB GUID

level = 1

flags =

greeting =

Note that even if you have an empty field in this block, it will overwrite the existing value in the database. For example leaving the level field to empty, will change the player admin level to 0 if it wasn't it before. However, the only required field is the 32 character PunkBuster GUID.

3. Issue !readamins command on the server.

• 5 months later...
I have sound files... well... songs and other things, but I'd like to cut them down for just bit of the file. Do you know of anything where I can just take it and cut a piece out of the song without doing it the hard and long way? (make a windows movie with that part of the song, put it on youtube, and then do one of the youtube to mp3 websites)

Audacity is very good as others have stated.

Another free one and great for this particular purpose is Wavosaur. It's easy to convert batch files to the correct bit/hertz settings. It's also easy to edit tracks. There are several good, free programs like this, you just have to look a bit.

• 1 month later...
Question.. when putting the sounds in the pk3, how does the path know to go to that specific file? I was looking at old stuff and it looked like I made a sound folder inside the etmain. However, I'm not sure if that actually worked.. I just want to make some sounds for greetings on specific levels.

Nevermind. I figured it out.. well part of it. I did put it in the pk3. I had 3 wav files, one named player, one named members, and one named lvl10. As far as I can tell, player works just because the bots connected. When I connect it should be playing lvl10, but it does not. At least, I can not hear it. I do hear all the others though..

the sounds are written as:

sound/greetings/player.wav

sound/greetings/members.wav

sound/greetings/lvl10.wav

• Management

Try to play the sound using below command over rcon.

playsound [slot#|name] [filename]

Plays the specified sound file. The slot number/player name parameter is optional. If the slot number or playername is specified, only that player hears the sound, otherwise all players hear the sound. g_tyranny must be enabled in order to play a sound to a specific player.

If you hear the sound, wav file is working and path is correct. Also do you have greeting sound set up on your level 10 ?

• 2 months later...

BUMP!

Ok.. this time I am having issues with the other end of the greetings. My sounds are playing just fine, but the actual greeting messages are not playing this time.

This is what my level 0 (default) looks like:

[level]
level     = 0
name     = New Player
flags     = aM#
greeting = ^2Welcome ^1New Player ^2to the server!
greeting_sound = sound/greetings/newplayer.wav

Sound is playing, just not the greeting text itself.