Hit Sounds

=EMP=Avery13

Is there a way to change the hit sounds in game? I had a few members play last night and they loved it, they just wish the hit sounds were different because they didn't really notice them. Is there a way to change them with a custom sound or a different sound that is already picked out by silent? I know there is a cvar to enable the sounds, but nothing more. I have everything enabled.

So if I understand this correctly, I need to create the .pk3 file and include it into the silent folders of the server. In that .pk3 file, there needs to be a folder saying sound then hitsounds and inside that folder, I have my hitsounds? What makes it pick which one? That's the part I don't understand i guess.

My g_hitsounds is set at 9.

You don't need to edit cfgs for them. You only need to make a client download with them in it. The teamhit sound is enabled with g_hitsounds flag 8 though. That is not enabled by default.

You should update server's manual provided with the mod package cause at the moment it says that '8' flag in g_hitsounds is unused.

Added them into a custom sound pack that I already had. (I also added the xpsave stuff because i realized they were also not in the wiki). Well now the server won't run... period. It won't start. Took everything out I did there (xpsave stuff and the sounds out of the sound pack) and put everything back together and I am getting nothing now.. It still won't load up

• Management
You should update server's manual provided with the mod package cause at the moment it says that '8' flag in g_hitsounds is unused.

Thanks. It is fixed in the next release.

(xpsave stuff and the sounds out of the sound pack)

What do you mean with the xp save stuff?

Hi Avery.

Have you deleted the custom pk3 file from the server and tried?

Did you back up the server first?

If you have a copy of an ealier server cfg (ie before you made the changes for xpsave) then re up load that and try.

As for the pk3 file did you get all the pathes correct in it?

Stop the server before re up loading, I know you probably know all this but it is woth trying again.