Can't join with OSX

ailmanki

• Management

That is common error when the correct binary is not loaded. JamesPlock plays with Mac OSX without any problems. One thing we know is that if the server is configured to disconnect for the downloads, the mod download will fail in Mac. Have you tried manually installing the mod binary.

Maybe too many pk3 files is one possibility.

I tried again with a clean install, did not help, so I checked OSX error msgs..

7/11/11 1:02:45 AM Wolfenstein ET[1507] Error loading /Users/ailmanki/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/etmain/ui_mac.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ui_mac: dlopen(/Users/ailmanki/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/etmain/ui_mac.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ui_mac, 262): no suitable image found. Did find: /Users/ailmanki/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/etmain/ui_mac.bundle/Contents/MacOS/ui_mac: mach-o, but wrong architecture

I deleted that folder under Caches - same result. I got et 2.60d if that matters?

Well .. next thing I checked is the processes, ET was running as a PowerPC process.. kinda strange for me.

So I checked the wolfenstein.app, and found the executable - "file" says me its built for multiple architectures, so I tried starting it from command line - Woo.. ET started now as a Intel process.. So I tried joining that server again - and it works now.

I have a custom machine running OSX, so I suppose something is wrongly configured which makes ET run the PowerPC version. I suppose its not related to silEnTmod.