• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

K/D Ratio

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO
Forgive me if this has already been asked but, how does silent calculate the k/d numbers visible when pressing TAB? I know that ETPUB had some complicated, weighted system about the skill levels of the killer and killed involved, but I wasn't sure if that was carried over into silent or is configurable with any additional server side vars. Does the kill rating value (which uses the ELO type statistic) effect the k/d calculations?

I guess what people in our community are looking for is, k/d defined by:

(Number of kills) / (Number of deaths)

It doesn't appear to be that way now, it seems like there are more factors at play here because the K/D doesn't fluctuate quite that dramatically. We have people on our server down at 0.4 all the way up to 2.0.

Thanks in advance.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
The K/D (kill rating) was carried from the ETPub and no changes were made to the formula. The kill rating is what is seen in the Tab screen.

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO
Ok, thanks. I guess maybe if someone who knows can explain what factors play into that? Its definitely not as simple as kills divided by deaths. THanks.

I noticed some values in the XPSave files that may play a part in this (can anyone confirm it):
  • rating
  • rating_variance

There are settings for the server and each map in there, I'm guessing those values play some part in the calculation?

Edited by BECK, 15 December 2011 - 12:11 AM.

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
You should try hitting the TAB key a few times (a bunch).. Sometimes, the default thing you are looking at is the Player Rating which seems to be what you are explaining. Silent Mod scrolls through K/D, P/R and XP. See if that works and let us know. I just have the feeling with the numbers you are explaining that it is the Player Rating.

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO
Okay, I'll poke around a bit tonight and maybe post some screenshots of what I'm talking about. Maybe it's kill rating, so me saying k/d is probably a bit misleading, but I don't have the game in front of me to know for sure. Thanks for the replies :)

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO
Okay, check the following screenshots:

Posted Image
The value here is the k/d, where I have 1.032

Then there is this, which always seems to be .500: (player rating?)
Posted Image

My question is how that k/d value (first screenshot) is actually calculated. Thanks.

OFFLINE   =EMP=Avery13

=EMP=Avery13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
On a distinguished road
  • LocationProvidence, RI
I would assume that K/D ratio would just be Kills divided by Deaths...

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland
Like I said, the kill rating is carried from the ETPub. I can't explain the formula better since it was not our design. It takes into the calculation both of the player kill ratings, the usual server kill distance and the kill distance. I don't remember if the map stats have also some weight or are those only for calculting the player rating.

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO
LOL, ok thanks guys. I guess I feel better knowing that even you guys who have had your hand in the code know as much or maybe a little more than me. I appreciate your response.

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland
You can check it on your own in ETPub's code :)

OFFLINE   BECK

BECK

Advanced Member

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Getting Better
  • LocationDenver, CO
Actually, if you want a "stimulating" read, I believe this defines it:
http://axon.cs.byu.e...pdate_bayes.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users