K/D Ratio

BECK

• Subscriber

Forgive me if this has already been asked but, how does silent calculate the k/d numbers visible when pressing TAB? I know that ETPUB had some complicated, weighted system about the skill levels of the killer and killed involved, but I wasn't sure if that was carried over into silent or is configurable with any additional server side vars. Does the kill rating value (which uses the ELO type statistic) effect the k/d calculations?

I guess what people in our community are looking for is, k/d defined by:

(Number of kills) / (Number of deaths)

It doesn't appear to be that way now, it seems like there are more factors at play here because the K/D doesn't fluctuate quite that dramatically. We have people on our server down at 0.4 all the way up to 2.0.

Thanks in advance.

• Subscriber

Ok, thanks. I guess maybe if someone who knows can explain what factors play into that? Its definitely not as simple as kills divided by deaths. THanks.

I noticed some values in the XPSave files that may play a part in this (can anyone confirm it):

• rating
  • rating_variance

There are settings for the server and each map in there, I'm guessing those values play some part in the calculation?

Edited by BECK

You should try hitting the TAB key a few times (a bunch).. Sometimes, the default thing you are looking at is the Player Rating which seems to be what you are explaining. Silent Mod scrolls through K/D, P/R and XP. See if that works and let us know. I just have the feeling with the numbers you are explaining that it is the Player Rating.

• Subscriber
Okay, I'll poke around a bit tonight and maybe post some screenshots of what I'm talking about. Maybe it's kill rating, so me saying k/d is probably a bit misleading, but I don't have the game in front of me to know for sure. Thanks for the replies :)

• Subscriber

Okay, check the following screenshots:

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/120092571-1.jpg

The value here is the k/d, where I have 1.032

Then there is this, which always seems to be .500: (player rating?)

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/120092574-1.jpg

My question is how that k/d value (first screenshot) is actually calculated. Thanks.

• Management
Like I said, the kill rating is carried from the ETPub. I can't explain the formula better since it was not our design. It takes into the calculation both of the player kill ratings, the usual server kill distance and the kill distance. I don't remember if the map stats have also some weight or are those only for calculting the player rating.