some people lost xp after map

brk

This is my first post on this forum so I want to say hello. :)

As in the topic, the server worked without any problems for a month and suddenly today after the map of players lost xp including me: (please help

Edited by brk

As in the topic, the server worked without any problems for a month and suddenly today after the map of players lost xp including me: (please help

set g_XPSave 21

set g_XPSaveMaxAge_xp "48o"

set g_XPSaveMaxAge "48o"

set g_XPSaveMinXP "-1"

set g_damageXP "0"

set g_damageXPLevel "50"

set g_maxXP "-1"

set g_xpdecay "0"

set g_xpdecayrate "0"

set g_xpdecayfloor "0,0"

• Management

This could happen when DB gets corrupted. It could happen due to:

1. HD issue on server.

2. Random sudden crash.

I had faced same issue while back so after that i started taking back ups every week or so :)

• Management

If only some players lost XP but not data that is linked to them, it can happen because of settings for the played map. For example, playing a map with comp settings and then returning to pub settings. That could reset the XP from players who played on the map. On these cases, it is important to first take a look at the server log, the end of the previous map and the start of the next map. That can give some details of what has happened.

The ET server crashing, but not the actual server, can cause corruption to the db files. There is a very small window at the end of the maps when the db files are being updated. I would expect if that happened, it would result wider issues. The whole server crashing can corrupt the file system in any way as there can be data that is not actually written to the disk.

Another weird case that could happen is if the server time was changed to something in the far future. If the saved XP has time limit.

One thing you can try if you suspect the DB integrity is to perform dbcleanup. Make a backup first. Issue the command with rcon and it will perform it during the next intermiossion. The server log will hold all errors that it finds and if it fixes anything. But do make a backup of it first.

• 4 weeks later...