Minimizer in mod?

Dookie

Hello, we all know that ET cant be minimized by pressing any button's, there is also many minimizer's over the internet and there is also alz+enter option, but I was wondering, is it somehow possible, maybe to add smthing like a TAB or smthing when you click esc that there is a tab named minimize game or something? And when you click on it game gets minimized? Ive came to this idea after ive read about this new screen resolutions in options, so is this even possible to be made?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Management

Added in 0.8.0 for linux. It wasn't so easy though:

I'd suggest to have a look at ET: Legacy project instead. Its team fixed a lot of 2.60b bugs already and introduced new features (such as minimizing using Alt+TAB).

in ET:Legacy they are managing the window creation therefore they have handles for it and can easily manage it. It's a little bit harder from mod side, but it's possible.

We might add the minimizer for windows in future version, depends on the number of people requesting such feature, so we encourage you to vote in this thread :)

void Minimize()
{
	HWND hwet = GetActiveWindow();		
	if (hwet)
	{
		WINDOWPLACEMENT wp;
		GetWindowPlacement(hwet, &wp);
		if (wp.showCmd == SW_SHOWMINIMIZED)
			ShowWindow(hwet, SW_RESTORE);
		else
			ShowWindow(hwet, SW_MINIMIZE);
	}
}

For Windowz, it works from DLL level tested it.

But the resolution has to be same as system

Edited by solaЯ

• Management

It is unlikely that Windows minimizer would get implemented even if requested. The reasons are that it would require worker thread and system tray icon. If we would do it properly. Also, there are lot of external programs out there that have been used for years, so the investment of embedding it into the mod is mostly not worth it.

@sol

There is no lack of code samples. I have, in fact, made external program that handles minimizer and raw input. http://www.himalia.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1178&sid=1d3b5b189944d7bb737114a18dc0b78e

@sol

There is no lack of code samples. I have, in fact, made external program that handles minimizer and raw input. http://www.himalia.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1178&sid=1d3b5b189944d7bb737114a18dc0b78e

Yeah you're right. But as you've seen about your minimizer sometimes AVs gonna false positive because of dll injections & hooks ( I have really huge problems with it now ) thats why embedding it into entire mod is better idea imo. But this is just my opinion

And yeah, coding & developing properly is not quite simple therefore I chose another way.

Edited by solaЯ