Player renames

Petbark

• Management

Unfortunately it is not possible. The !rename command only changes the name on the server end. The client cvars remain untouched. There isn't any other methods either. If the name needs to be something specific only on your server, then you could make a Lua script that would always, automatically, edit the userinfo of that player.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a good addition for the future then :D I'm definitely in no hurry, but it would save me banning people for abusive names if I could 'force' their real and clean alias.

yep, got many time trouble people using our clan tags which arent in clan and such...

yep, got many time trouble people using our clan tags which arent in clan and such...

For that there is an LUA script which denies certain names if the user doesnt have a certain level.. For example on our servers, anyone below level 11 (trial member), gets warned then kicked if they don't remove =F|A= from their name.

But this rename suggestion is definitely useful either way - for people with very abusive names etc.

Edited by Chuckun