Have Rcon Question...

RaNeR

Hello... This post has nothing to do with Silent but I figured I could get an answer here... 

Running ET 2.60b, Silent 8.2   

Lets say I rcon map railgun. It loads up and everything is fine... (Map is not part of the rotation)

The thing is the map ends and the server keeps loading the map over and over.

How do I get back on the map rotation without having to stop and restart the server to

clear the map... Thanks...

Thanks for the comeback Gaoesa...

Ok... The server is running objectivecycle.cfg... The rotation is running fine... Then I rcon map railgun... The map runs... Now can you explain in a bit more

detail how to get the rotation back to normal again... The objectivecycle.cfg that was running before I rconed map railgun... Thanks...

• Subscriber

just run the server.cfg and that will reload the server with the config you usally use, works like a server restart or run the objectivecycle.cfg and that will start your normal map cycle again, last but not least restart your server.

Thanks Johndory... I'll give it shot... I was trying to clear the map without a server restart... But if I can do the server restart without loosing the players on the 

the server on the restart that I can live with doing it just as you all explained...Thanks for all the help guys....

Thanks Gaoesa...Worked like a champ...Nice thing about it is... No server restart needed.. Just what I was looking for... 

Just a taught... Can a map execute command be added to Silent's Console command list just like the next map console command...

Edited by RaNeR

• Management

Easily with a custom command:

[command]
command  = map
exec     = map [1]
desc     = Execute a map using its bsp name.
syntax   = [mapname]
levels   = 5

[command]
command = rotation
exec = exec objectivecycle.cfg
desc = Return to normal map rotation.
syntax =
levels = 5

http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/Silent_Creating_Custom_Commands

To run the map only once and automatically return to rotation, I don't know how to do it. It might be possible with a more complicated Lua scripting.

Thanks for the help... I have a NFO Server  (Nuclearfallout Server)

It has Rcon on it's control panel so it's real easy to communicate with the server, just add command line and the server responds back... NFO has the best control panel I have ever used... It's got all the goodies at your finger tips... I'll just use the NFO control panel for now...

• Management

Thanks for the help... I have a NFO Server  (Nuclearfallout Server)

It has Rcon on it's control panel so it's real easy to communicate with the server, just add command line and the server responds back... NFO has the best control panel I have ever used... It's got all the goodies at your finger tips... I'll just use the NFO control panel for now...

You can also use RCON tool and share RCON with your trusted leaders. This way it doesn't matter what control panel is. After one year or so you will hardly care what control panel is. :)

PS I hardly use control panel on my servers. Everything is config based on my servers.

Guys... I know this is not the appropriate forum for this question but here it goes anyway... Running ET 2.60b, Silent 8.2, Omni Bot 8.4 

What is console or rcon commands to enable and disable all bots...

Been all over the net and can't find the answer or I'm just using the wrong wording...Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...