Omnibot connecting issue

• Management

Trying to debug the root cause of connecting issue. Sharing screenshot. Omnibot stays in 'connecting' mode for much longer time.

Server: ETL 2.77

Mod: Jaymod, NQ1 and silent mod - all 3 has issues. 

https://www.screencast.com/t/MUEdx2Vd2aP

If anyone facing similar issue, would be easy to figure out root cause or else, need to spend time trying to figure out. 

• Subscriber

haven't seen it for quite awhile but when we did it was to do with the redirect and peoples connection to it, also people got stuck downloading from the server.

we've got nq and silent on our servers at the moment but it happened on both in the past, working fine now.

• 1 year later...
  • Management

FYI: Still not resolved and it's actually happening in ETL latest version as well. 

I am curious to know if anyone else is facing similar issue as well. 

haven't seen it for quite awhile but when we did it was to do with the redirect and peoples connection to it, also people got stuck downloading from the server.

we've got nq and silent on our servers at the moment but it happened on both in the past, working fine now.

Is it happening with latest ETL version for you? If you have test server, can try with more omni bots? See how it goes. Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • Management
12 hours ago, palota said:

I tried to fix it by kicking connecting bots. But I can't test it because I don't have a dedicated server.

You can get the new version from Assembla SVN. It's in file et/scripts/goals/goal_selectweapons.gm.

10 hours ago, JohnDory said:

I haven't got ETL installed but I can lend you our test server with a separate omnibot directory for a couple of days if that helps ?

We can test it not an issue. I can put the fix on jay2 which has consistent issue on our server to validate it. 

Overall my question is, kicking is best approach? I would say why omni bot is even connecting?  Please look into this issue and ryzyk-krzysiek has posted some analysis. I hope it helps in rectifying root cause. 

https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/issues/2152

• Management
51 minutes ago, palota said:

Kicking bots is the worst approach. It's just a workaround. Of course it would be better to fix this bug it in the mods. But many mods like NoQuarter and Jaymod are finished and abandoned.

Is this MOD issue? Based on that comment from ryzyk - it seems like omni bot issue? However, I am still not sure why the issue didn't happened with 2.6b server binaries vs ETL binaries where issues started. 

2.6b + jaymod or silent or NQ -> No issues.

ETL + Any mod -> Issue. So my guess is, something is different in ETL server version? Thanks.

• Moderators

I don't know what changes they did in ETL. There are hundred of bugs and issues in ETL.

The comment from ryzyk-krzysiek tells something about g_etbot_interface.cpp. That file is in mods, so only authors of mods can modify it.

• Management

I agree with your overall statement @ palota  but I don't think it's mod issue or that's where I am not following. 

If it's mod issue - same can happen on ET 2.6b as well. This particular issue ONLY happens with ETL server binaries. So that's where I have open question. 

Update: i have added the fix on jay2. Keep you posted.

Thanks for the info! I probably won't be able to use it, but it's good to know about it. The 0.87 version caused bugs for us, we were able to integrate the 0.85 version into the game. (Although I can't figure out why the bots refuse to use the mg42 cannons in this one either. They work on a windows server, not on my linux...)
Just wondering what the 0.8 version has more features! :)

• Moderators
6 hours ago, PuNkReAS said:

The 0.87 version caused bugs for us, we were able to integrate the 0.85 version into the game.

Please start a new topic for every bug. Tell us your Linux version, RTCW version, map name.