Anti-cheat status on trackbase

BECK

• Subscriber

Hi,

I've seen this on trackbase for other servers:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a164/eieieio/redcircle4_zpsf14ce997.png

Yet for some reason my server doesn't display this, even though my anti-cheat settings are on:

set g_silentac "3"

set g_cheatLog "cheatlog.log"

What am I missing?

Look here: http://et.trackbase.net/server/36577/  -- says "No cheat protection".

I *think* this is working on our server, I know some people have already been caught and auto-banned.

Thanks!

• Management

The documentation was/is slightly incorrect. It said that the g_silentac cvar is a bitmask. However, it is actually integer with possible values 0,1 and 2. It works the same if the value is 3 though, as the implementation was originally intended to be a bitmask. But the cvar that tracking websites read is set only if the value of g_silentac is set to 2. Do note that there is no additional value from flag 1 if the players get banned automatically.

Probably in their code they have if PB disabled check for g_silentac and if PB enabled then just anti cheat status on. 

Might be worth talking to Paul and Schnoo to add the extra flag for this besides PB. 

Do you mean that PB and silEnT AC can have a conflict within the tracker?

And therefore they have disabled PB and just run silEnT AC?

As you said about adding an extra flag for silEnT tracker, that would be nice.

• Management

Do you mean that PB and silEnT AC can have a conflict within the tracker?

And therefore they have disabled PB and just run silEnT AC?

As you said about adding an extra flag for silEnT tracker, that would be nice.

No. What i mean to say was their code might be checking in sequence for flag. If PB is found enabled then they put anti cheat status on so it doesn't check for g_silentac flag. 

What needs to be done is tracker should check both flags and provide different status for both instead of either or. But now  a days people hardly use PB since clients can't update their PB if they are having issues. 

Talk to Paul and SL Staff, I am sure they can fix this quickly if possible. They are nice people from my experience.

• Subscriber

The documentation was/is slightly incorrect. It said that the g_silentac cvar is a bitmask. However, it is actually integer with possible values 0,1 and 2. It works the same if the value is 3 though, as the implementation was originally intended to be a bitmask. But the cvar that tracking websites read is set only if the value of g_silentac is set to 2. Do note that there is no additional value from flag 1 if the players get banned automatically.

Yup, that was it.   Thanks again gaoesa!

So, Paul from Trackbase replied to the topic on Trackbase concerning this topic:

I have read the topic (mgt) and this is indeed a reading bug on our side, we'll track it down and fix it http://forum.trackbase.net/images/smilies/smile.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I meant was why does silent AC only detect public cheats or known cheats would it be helpful to buy the others and submit them to someone so Silent AC detects them..? We have been getting a lot of players running cheats and was curious if there was any way to help...