Server Crash

Oxyzium

Bots disconnect like a player is connecting but no player is displayed connecting.

Probally a player using ascii characters..

Everytime it happens there is a massive lag on the server and the server crashes.

The guy attacking is using the Tube - Bypasses any mod on ET, I am sure silent are aware or may not be aware about this guy?
He causes problems when banned as he unbans him self with new details each time. He also aimbots and such..

Any fixes on this silent? Or do we wait for silent 0.8.3? Edited by Oxyzium

Yeh, he came and said on the server that he uses this.

He gained level 999 apon connection and move all bots to spectator where he tried to use a old exploit to crash server.

Also I caught him doing his /Exec omg when he mispelled the / for ? and showed it in chat pointing more towards his tool.

He uses some aimbot that has xy_aim 1 but I blocked it using sv_cvar

He connects now with ascii characters and does changes that bypass the g_maxnamechanges cvar.

He unbans within seconds of being banned. I can't stop him :/

The bad thing about this though is he has said that he will release this tool for the public to use.

Edited by Oxyzium

There is this method, although it shows jaymod I assure you it must be working on silent too.

There is no chance of a rcon password on my server being leaked, I am the only one who has it and its not even a word of any form, list of numbers and letters.

As you see in the video he becomes referee using a userinfo hack. It was blocked in 2.60b but It bypasses somehow,
I don't understand how this tool works well but its causing alot of problems.

Edited by Oxyzium

• Management

The localhost method that was shown in the video is the old method I meant and it has been fixed a long time ago. If someone tries it, it will show in the cheats log and the player gets kicked for it. As far as I know, it is also fixed in the Jaymod in 2.2.0 version. The video shows the old 2.1.7 version in which it works.

Try to change your rcon password to see if it stops him.

• Management

The actions you have described can be made only with rcon commands. Also, you can never trust a word someone who does that kind of things to you are saying. If he says one thing it is most likely something completely different in reality.

Please pm me the userinfo strings he uses. The name check has a known issue which allows too wide range of characters as valid. If I remeber correctly, someone else reported empty name too.

It still shows him as banned though in the showbans yet he is on the server playing.

In the end I just had a long list of his bans.

He is bypassing the system itself and I don't understand how.

I will send you the userinfo thing he uses like you asked :)