FPS Improvement and General computer optimization.

Purple

Copy pasta from my clan forums.

So I recently turned lilly's toaster into something thats playable from 20fps to averaging around 100. There were a few members who were interesting in knowing what i done and how they could improve theirs.

Spring Cleaning

If you are capable of taking your computer apart and giving it a nice little cleaning it could make a huge difference. Opening up your Desktop or Laptop PC and cleaning the dust out and all the airways so that air has proper airflow can allow your pc to stay cool and give you the maxium performance it has. If you use a laptop I would recommend buying a laptop cooling mount or simply prop up the back of your laptop with a few books. If you're using a desktop give it some leverage off the ground or put it near a nice open area so the heat has room to escape and allow fresh air to come in.

Software

cccleaner - Used for removing junk and optimizing performance. 

http://i.imgur.com/KO1GM26.png
http://i.imgur.com/gKBGGPJ.png

- cccleaner is a nice tool optimizing computer performance.
It removes temp files, cleans cache, and many more options. You are also able to edit your start up programs in this application so if you don't know how to do it in windows (Windows key + r -> msconfig -> startup tab) then this is the perfect little tool for you. 
(recommend running every 2-3 weeks)

O&O Defrag - Used for defragging your harddrive and removing out bad fragmented files. 

http://i.imgur.com/8R03l9x.png

- o&o defrag is a nice little tool for cleaning and optimizing your computers harddrive there are many settings and options I won't go fully into them, but for the most part we will be using it to just defrag our computer
(recommend using every 2 weeks)

Malwarebytes - anti malware scanner.

http://i.imgur.com/kt2BC5q.png

- Malewarebytes is a nice tool for scanning for maleware on your comuter its quick efficiante and accurate over other anti malwareware scanners I have been using it for years and also support them with a paid subscription. Although for you guys I do have a key that you guys can use to fully activate it. You will use this to scan your computer and clean out the maleware.
(recommend using every 2-3 weeks)

These are just some of the solutions and tasks you can take to improve your computer speed and your FPS I'll continue to add to this post at a later date and update it with more information. You should be able to just google the DL links if not i can provide you with them soon 

Regards, VJ*

• Management

I have removed the cd keys which were "pirated keys". Please refrain from sharing any pirated keys or software's through forums. 

Other then that, nice post. Defrag does help but to save money you can even use windows defrager or just shell up 60 bucks and get SSD. SSD's are less then 0.50 cents/gig now a days. 

I wouldn't suggest cleaning up registry keys since sometimes they do more harm then good. I tend to re-image the OS back to original state after using it for a while. 

I have removed the cd keys which were "pirated keys". Please refrain from sharing any pirated keys or software's through forums. 

Other then that, nice post. Defrag does help but to save money you can even use windows defrager or just shell up 60 bucks and get SSD. SSD's are less then 0.50 cents/gig now a days. 

I wouldn't suggest cleaning up registry keys since sometimes they do more harm then good. I tend to re-image the OS back to original state after using it for a while. 

My bad, will update it somewhat to free alternative tools. but this was a more or less guide for low end pcs and people who can't really afford to go buy that SSD :D

• 1 year later...