• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Permanent Bans and Shownormals

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   LiveFast

LiveFast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Unknown

Ok so our server has seen it's fair share of cheaters whether it's aimbot or wallhack or both, however there have been select few who are very good at circumventing the ban system on silent successfully even on silent 0.7.2 not going to explain how they do it as i'm quite sure you know as do a few people... so I'm hoping that for next version there is a 100 percent ban method added presumably via hardware?

Also it would be great if silent had a flag specific command for R_shownormals 1/0 while actually on the server for to spot people using wallhack rather than only being able to do so while viewing demos, no idea if this has been suggested before however it would be nice feature for the next release.

and finally being able to check aliases with persons IP instead of the silent ID because silent ID's can be deleted and regenerated so it's no guarantee whether that person has been on server before or not.

Regards

LF

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland

Ok so our server has seen it's fair share of cheaters whether it's aimbot or wallhack or both, however there have been select few who are very good at circumventing the ban system on silent successfully even on silent 0.7.2 not going to explain how they do it as i'm quite sure you know as do a few people... so I'm hoping that for next version there is a 100 percent ban method added presumably via hardware?

http://mygamingtalk....#g_identOptions

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

In adition to ident options, you might want to take a look at !subnetban command. Also, http://mygamingtalk....ble-makers-etc/ might be usefull for stopping the cheaters using proxies.

Ability to set r_shownormals to individual players on the server would open possibility for exploit. So we will not be doing this. The possible benefits don't outweight the risks.

Player IPs change a lot. Some people can have their IP change every hour. It is not possible to track aliases by IP addressess. You have the option to use !usersearch IP command though. It is more tricky indeed, but does provide all the information with more work.

OFFLINE   Chuckun

Chuckun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
On a distinguished road

A possibility for allowing shownormals to certain admin levels whilst in spec would be good, but I believe this was prevented by the engine itsself after it was abused before?

OFFLINE   Zelly

Zelly

• Coders
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Getting Better

Would it be possible to create a whole new command or flag for admins that would enable them to see players through walls when enabled?

I kind of assume the same risk for exploit would apply here as well though.

OFFLINE   Chuckun

Chuckun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
On a distinguished road

Would it be possible to create a whole new command or flag for admins that would enable them to see players through walls when enabled?

Shrubbot is pretty solid, and as long as you could not join a team whilst using it (just like shoutcasters can't), it would be fine :) I just don't think the engine would allow it :P

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2692 posts
On the road to fame

No as now. Just record demo and replay it through r_shownormals

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland
Or just get some simple wallhack (easiest solution IMO).

OFFLINE   hellreturn

hellreturn

Management

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2692 posts
On the road to fame

I wouldn't suggest to get any cheat because cheat can be pre-compiled with backdoor trojans.

Instead I would suggest to use this one: ET Demo View Edition By Sunlight

OFFLINE   Chuckun

Chuckun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
On a distinguished road

I wouldn't suggest to get any cheat because cheat can be pre-compiled with backdoor trojans.

Instead I would suggest to use this one: ET Demo View Edition By Sunlight

^This.

That tool is epic - so much better than using any fail wallhack, and no risk of accidently connecting to a server with it and/or getting viruses ;)

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland
There are wallhacks' sources on the net, still the easiest way to spec wallhackers on the living server.

Edited by Dragonji, 08 July 2013 - 05:54 PM.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

Admins should still verify the wallhack with carefull review of the demo. Most often there are things that one does not notice while speccing a live game. So it isn't that usefull on a server.

OFFLINE   Quovadis

Quovadis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
A step in the right direction
Rather than using r_shownormals , why not impletementing a total new function linked to shoutcaster function ( which is already protected enough ) . Could add some new code that would create a red or blue silhouette to let you spot wallhackers.

Jaymod implemented a (shity) glow function so in theory it would be possible.

Edited by Quovadis, 18 July 2013 - 05:43 PM.

OFFLINE   Chuckun

Chuckun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
On a distinguished road

Rather than using r_shownormals , why not impletementing a total new function linked to shoutcaster function ( which is already protected enough ) . Could add some new code that would create a red or blue silhouette to let you spot wallhackers.

Jaymod implemented a (shity) glow function so in theory it would be possible.

This is exactly what I meant ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users