• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google Log In with Steam Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Silent mod (a few problems)

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   BettyBoop

BettyBoop

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
A step in the right direction
  • LocationFrance

A couple more things that I am asking for Beth, we have a problem with the field op arty, there is almost no delay, so as soon as the arty is over you can call again right away, it's almost like constant arty. Beth said she tried to fix it but seems it didnt work, it needs more delay like we had on NQ.

Here is how she set it:

//Class Recharge Times set g_covertopsChargetime "11000"

Is she doing it wrong or ?

Last question, when you ban someone on silent who has no pb guid, will this effect other players who joins with no pb guid ? On silent we have both pb guid and silent guid, on NQ we always had to make sure not to ban guys without an ET key or everyone one else without a key would also be banned.

we have already for FO arty set g_miniAirstrikeTime 45 set g_miniArtyTime 35

OFFLINE   BettyBoop

BettyBoop

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationFrance

we have already for FO arty set g_miniAirstrikeTime 45 set g_miniArtyTime 35

and set g_LTchargetime "36000"

OFFLINE   Topcat

Topcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Does any of you know if it is possible to see the aka names for the players? I mean the names they used before?

With NQ when we did listplayers, it showed the aka names for the players, the aliases they used on our server.

OFFLINE   TheSilencerPL

TheSilencerPL

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland

http://mygamingtalk....bbot#.21aliases

OFFLINE   Topcat

Topcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Thx a lot just tested and it works great, this cmd is very helpful :)

OFFLINE   BettyBoop

BettyBoop

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationFrance

I am sorry if we ask for so much helps

last  one did a way to can force hunkmegs  example like this one  forcecvar snaps "20" ?

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

Forcing com_hunkMegs does not work. The reson is that the game must be started with the value. Changing it afterwards has no effect.

OFFLINE   clan DIABOLIK

clan DIABOLIK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
Getting Better

Forcing com_hunkMegs does not work. The reson is that the game must be started with the value. Changing it afterwards has no effect.

OK, no effect in the current game, but the next time the player will connect, he will have the forced 'com_hunkMegs' value. Am I right or no please ?

OFFLINE   Aciz

Aciz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

OK, no effect in the current game, but the next time the player will connect, he will have the forced 'com_hunkMegs' value. Am I right or no please ?

If he shuts down ET & and has defined his own hunkMegs value in his own config, it won't work. But if he just reconnects, it will.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

I don't think it would work even in the case if he would start ET directly to silEnT mod.

OFFLINE   Topcat

Topcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I have another question, with this latest version of silent how come you have to stand so close to the land mines before you can spot them ? Don't remember it was like that in previous versions of silent, in NQ that we played before you could spot them from a long distance, now you have to stand so close before you can see them.

Edited by Topcat, 24 September 2014 - 02:33 PM.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

If you're not a covert ops, you must stand close to the landmines to spot them. Non covert ops players can spot them from the same distance they can see them with trap awareness without binoculars.

OFFLINE   Topcat

Topcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

If you're not a covert ops, you must stand close to the landmines to spot them. Non covert ops players can spot them from the same distance they can see them with trap awareness without binoculars.

And there is no way to change this ? I don't remember it being like this in previous versions of silent.

OFFLINE   Aciz

Aciz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

And there is no way to change this ? I don't remember it being like this in previous versions of silent.

I think it would be a good thing to have this as a server side setting.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

There is no way to change this. It has been like that since 0.5.2. You can see the changes from the change log.

OFFLINE   Topcat

Topcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I should ask from Mcbeth if there is a problem with silent mod where it exits ET? This happened for us today, no error message or anything, just went straight out to windows destop. Was only 2 guys playing at the time, dunno if it closed ET for them also or just disconnected them.

Beth is away from home for 4 days so I told her on skype about it, it happened on map venice, but was only one time, after that it's been running fine.

Beth told me that it was not a server crash because the console log had not been restored, so it was a mod problem she said.

I asked her maybe it was just a server clitch or something but she said it had to be a mod problem.

Edited by Topcat, 25 September 2014 - 11:42 PM.

OFFLINE   gaoesa

gaoesa

Advanced Member

• Management
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4391 posts
Will become famous
  • LocationFinland

Yes. Sounds like a client problem. It crashed all the way to the desktop, which makes it sound like an engine issue.

OFFLINE   Topcat

Topcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Yes. Sounds like a client problem. It crashed all the way to the desktop, which makes it sound like an engine issue.

I will ask one of the others who was on if it crashed to desktop for him aswell or if it only disconnected him.

Edited by Topcat, 26 September 2014 - 04:05 PM.

OFFLINE   Topcat

Topcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
In the release notes it says only the engie who planted the landmine can trigger it, but for us it still triggers when another team mate engie steps on it, is there a way to fix that ?

Maybe one of you can change it for us, would be great if you can :)

Edited by Topcat, 29 September 2014 - 01:00 AM.

OFFLINE   Dragonji

Dragonji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
On the road to fame
  • LocationPoland

In the release notes it says only the engie who planted the landmine can trigger it, but for us it still triggers when another team mate engie steps on it, is there a way to fix that ?

It is not possible to configure it that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users